Sunday, 18 September 2016

It's that time of year again!

In truth I've been designing Christmas since February this year - yes, February! It's been such a busy year for me designing and I kinda zoned out a little and have really struggled to get back designing our Xmas releases the rest of the year so we are very late with our latest collections now LOL...

Anyhoo, we launched our latest Stamp Soup Festive Christmas range on Create & Craft this week so I will show you some of my makes throughout the next couple of weeks so I don't overdose you all haha.
I also got to use the Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals and Mists range which has been lovely to get nice and inky and messy.

My whole thing with Stamp Soup this time was to give you stamps which could really be changed around for a whole variety of looks, whether that was traditional or more modern so I hope I fulfilled my own brief for you...I think so. 
You can get them here
there are 2 stamp sets and just one CD to co-ordinate but as ever with Stamp Soup nothing is as it first seems so make sure you look at the ideas sheet - you can make postboxes, windows, doors, fences with these and the leaves and petals are definitely NOT just for Christmas which makes it a really great investable set of stamps to take you all year round. I think the only pieces which cant be changed up are the holly, everything else has another use, even the robin can be another bird if you colour it differently, he would make a great blue tit I think too.


I really love the vintage feel of this collection, the papers are to die for and it really is very versatile! 

Here's one of my favourites I made for the show...
 Really loved how the Lindy's Mists and Magicals spiced it up with all the shimmer and shine...I know this would be expensive to post but for me this is a card I would make a box for and hand delivery probably, this would stay up on the mantelpiece for a long time...
 And here is another really simple make. I just created the background first with the Mists and let it dry and just overstamped with black Versafine. I'm definitely in a more CAS zone right now.
If you didnt manage to catch the shows you can watch on catchup on the C&C website here for the next 7 days - and we don't have a whole load of stock of these so don't miss out because we won't be able to reorder, once it's gone it's gone...

I'll be back soon with some more pics of the lovely things you can do with these stamps : ) Remember you can either get them on the Create & Craft website or you can get them here, at Polkadoodles x