Monday, 19 September 2016

Festive Christmas Stamp Soup

Hey! Day 2 of some more Stamp Soup Festive Christmas-ness!

This card is not the usual kind of thing I would make but it's quite grand! The background within the aperture uses Lindy's Stamp Gang Mists and Magicals and you can't see it here but it has a really luscious shine and shimmer to it. I've just made the big pop out aperture with a Spellbinders Grand Nesties die which I've had forever and is one of my favourites, then folded it in half for the popout and decorated with stamped elements and papers from the CD. I think I need to retake this pic it really doesnt show the real dimension on this.

 The strings of diamantes were actually from Home Bargains - a huge long wide strip for 99p and I've been cutting them down so I get loads (have to admit I did buy 6 strings and they will last forever using them this way LOL). I actually sprayed them with the Reindeer Red from Lindy's Stamp Gang Mists and let them dry - because they are a die based mist they will actually colourise and as long as I don't get them wet stay permanent! Fabby doo!

This next is a lovely little tag - I love doing tags, every time I make one I realise I need to make more, there's less boundaries with a tag so you don't have to think about making everything be a 'card' format I find....
So to make this I used these stamps from both sets to make the postbox:  Rectangle, snowy top, robin, poinsetta leaf, flower leaf, holly, 25




You can get them all here
there are 2 stamp sets and just one CD to co-ordinate but as ever with Stamp Soup nothing is as it first seems so make sure you look at the ideas sheet - you can make postboxes, windows, doors, fences with these and the leaves and petals are definitely NOT just for Christmas which makes it a really great investable set of stamps to take you all year round.

xx