Friday, 19 August 2016

Meribelle Tropics

Hey!
It's time for a couple of new challenges and for a change I've managed to join in this week!

and also
Anything Goes challenge over on the Graph'It challenge blog 
today. If you've never joined us over there please pop over because you can win a selection of random prizes from all our sponsors every fortnight and all you have to do is enter something which has been coloured or painted/inked in some way - it's easy!

I am having a lot of issues with a bad neck and back at the minute which has been going on since Christmas so I'm having to restrict my colouring time in a big way, I just find the concentration really aggravates everything and then travels into my hands and fingers too - so that is a big no no if I want to keep bringing you lots of lovely things! 

Anyway I managed to join in this week and I've used this lovely Mirabelle Mermaid image called Swimming Around from Polkadoodles Meribelle collection. I decided to turn her upside down as if she was floating around in the ocean...


If you want to have a go at making this the card is a 6x6" from Craftwork Cards who make my favourite card bases, I find they're a really nice quality.
Meribelle is coloured with Graph'It alcohol markers...as you know, I adore my GI's, I just find the vibrancy is top notch and I find them very easy to blend once you get used to the colour palette and how the numbers work together.
The blue background is also GI markers too - I start with my lightest colour 8210 nearest the body and then work outwards gradually getting darker, so I then used 8220 and at the edge of the diecut 8230. Unfortunately my 8210 ran out really quickly which was a right disaster and I dont have a spare (GRR!), so I had to go to plan B! I took a piece of GI Mixing palette which is a special paper you can use with alcohol markers to mix your colours and use it as a palette, picking up the colour with either another pen or the blender pen. As I needed to do lots of blending I used lots of Mix It fluid and my blender to work it all back towards the centre. It took quite a lot of work but in the end I got there and as I'd already coloured the image first I wasn't going to ruin it by not paying attention LOL. 

I already had all the flowers stamped up and coloured with Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolours - I LOVE these stamps! So pretty! You can get them here, they are from my Oceania collection....
The GI colours I used were:
Skin: 4101, 4115, 4125, 4150, 4170, 4180, 3105, 3110, cheeks 4135, 4145
Pinks: 5110, 5125, 5130, 5160, 5180
For extra shading in the pink areas 3210 smoke (I often use this for shade, it has a nice warm tone without being too dark, I find it works with almost any colour)
Ocean - 8210, 8220, 8230 and lots of bender and Graph'It Mixing palette (my 8210 ran out halfway through so I had to do a lot of palette mixing to finish my background) 
White Graph'it Shake pen for dots and Mix'It fluid for larger bubbles.

There are a couple of sneaky peeks on this card but I can't tell you anything about that just now - but watch this space for some exciting news coming soon!

That's me done for today then, so please do pop over and join in at Graph'It challenge blog - see you soon!

xxx