Friday, 5 August 2016

Anything Goes at Graph'It

It's time for a new challenge at Graph'it today 
and As always, Anything goes with this one so long as you did some kind of colouring. 

I used our sponsor image this week which is from little Miss Muffet, but I decided to change my skintones around for a change...
It's important not to get stuck in a rut in your crafting, specially with colouring - if you continually reach for the same colours you like you will get bored with your colouring...when in fact you're just bored with those colours! A mistake a lot of people make and it's the same across anything creative, so every now and then make a conscious effort to change what you're doing, whether it's dies, ribbons etc, just change it up and you'll rediscover everything you loved that made you start in the first place!

Anyway so I went back to some of the skintones I used when I first started using Graph'It markers. Back then (3 years, omg where does time go) the range was brand new and as with anything there are always gaps in the colour scheme we needed to be filled. I found the skintones I first used were a bit orangey for me so I toned them right down, but this year we have several new skin colours and this week I combined in different combos and I am mega pleased with the result! This photo is looking very red it's a bit over exposed, but in real life this skin is lovely and the blending with these colours worked like a dream, the neutrals of the new paler shades really toned down the orangey skintones...
I always look at every image I colour afterwards and make a mental note of what i can do better next time so at the moment I am on a mission to leave more white space. I get very carried away with laying down colour, something i've always done, so on this one i really paid attention to not overdo it and I was pretty happy with how the clothing all turned out in the end.

One great tip I have for you - even if you use different markers and have no intention of ever getting Graph'It, PLEASE get yourself the following because these pens are must-haves for me and I find they make my colouring and finishing touches so much easier:

They are: 
1. Graph'It Shake White pen - I have used every white pen on the market and this is my favourite by far. I actually have about 10 of them, no joke, I can't live without it...the nib is hard enough that you can get a really fine point but it doesnt clog, so you have several point sizes and thicknesses you can achieve with this nib just by adding different pressure. It lasts forever too, unlike most other whites and is VERY opaque! You dont need to overshake, just a little shake at the start and now again to revive the mixture and keep it flowing.
2. Graph'It Fineliner pens - these are fantastic and are in a range of sizes, an absolute must for using in hair to catch those tiny curls and corners your marker just cant fill without spilling over the edges.
Big bonus is they have .003 - at this time the only other .003 you can get is a Copic fineliner which is much more expensive.

Anyway, hope you like this, I do (makes a change!)...
Colours I used are:
Skin: 4101, 4120, 4125, 4155, 4180
Clothes 9100,9101,9102, 9104, 9107
Hair - Graph'it Ultrafine black pen .003 as my image was so small it was ridiculous to attempt to colour the hair with anything else!

See you soon!