Saturday, 16 January 2016

K = Kraft/Black with Lyra Rembrandt Polycolour pencils

Today it's a new challenge over on the Lyra Rembrandt Polycolour blog - havent picked up my pencils since before Christmas so this was a challenge to restart the colouring this week!

We have lovely prizes so get over there and join in - what are you waiting for? go on!

This image called HERE WITH ME from our sponsor on the blog is completely stunning, I love it! I decided that the image was such a standout piece I didnt really want to overdo it and wanted to just add tone to really emphasise the beauty of the artwork, so I literally just coloured this with a Black pencil. Yes, Black only, then I blended it with the Light Grey - you know that awful really light dirty grey you thought wasnt useful?  I use it all the time for blending where I want to add just a touch of colour, it's great for blending into white. Finally I just used Dark Sepia in some strategic points - hair and skin and just the tiniest flick was all that was needed....



See you soon! xx