Sunday, 20 December 2015

Mixed Media with Pan Pastels!

Time for another lovely week of inspiration over at WeLove2Create again today! Pop over and join in because you can win some Pan Pastels and if you've never used them before they truly are a fantastic product to work with...so many people are apprehensive and feel like they dont know what to do with them when they arrive but the key is to just open them up and PLAY - add water, gesso, use dry, the choice is yours because they will mix with almost anything and are one of the most versatile products you could ever wish for!

I made a project similar to this a long long time (like years) ago and I liked it so much that when I came across it in a box recently I decided to create another using my PanPastels. I just cut out a heart using a die and some sturdy cardstock and then gesso'd it to create a foundation. I coloured using my favourite turquoise and some violet and aquamarine and a mix of others in there too I think...
I have to say when I do mixed media I just throw everything at it and forget to write down what I'm doing as I go, I mixed in some of the pearlescent white to create a nice sheen...used Gold Shake Marker around the edges and just splodged it around and smudged it with my fingers to make it look like it had been gold leafed. Then I added Maimeri gloss gel over the top and once it had all dried I just bent it and it all cracked up. A simple Ranger lock and a Tonic die-cut inked up with Versamark and stamped with stars to co-ordinate and Bobs your uncle. I will cut a hole in this and then thread wire to make a hanger I think...
 You can get a better idea of the texture and crackles here...