Sunday, 29 November 2015

We Love 2 Create - Art Journal

Hey!
Time for a new challenge over at the WeLove2Create blog today - go and join in, the theme is Anything Goes with mixed media so uber easy to participate and you can win some lovely Pan Pastel and Stampbord goodies...

I coloured this Oddella image up a few weeks back for the Graph'It colouring challenge and when I looked at it the following day I suddenly had an overwhelming urge to make her into a journal page which I have not done for absolutely eons...and I mean eternity eons!
I've recently had a disaster purchase - I needed to bulk buy some diaries and like the numbskull I am I bought 50 (yes, that's 50!!) diaries - then realised when they arrived they were 2015 GRRRR!!! So I have 50 journals to use up this year haha!!
So I didnt lose the mojo for her I rushed upstairs as soon as I got in from work and decided I was only allowing the time it took for the pizza to cook and no more - I'm trying to set myself time goals so I just go with the flow and dont procrastinate too much as it's killing my melon, man....
this was the coloured image before and after... 
 I just got all my fave colours out and random stamps which just happened to be the nearest to hand which were all my textures from Premium Art Brands and threw it all on. I did actually spritz and seal between layers but because I was rushing they did get very muddied and I used a lot of yellow ochre which I dont normally do.
Not what I was aiming for at all but this was pizza journaling!!...
 I just ripped the original coloured in image off the paper and glued it down with photo glue then applied all the Pan Pastel colours around it, using a Versamark inkpad to overstamp - love using Versamark ink as they just stick to the Pan Pastels like glue and make it so vibrant...
 A bit of doodling to finish off using a black Graph'It marker which will go over virtually anything and the must have Graph'It White Shake marker...

colours used: magenta, perm red, yellow ochre, phthalo green, black coarse sparkle medium, white sparkle medium, violet
Walnut distress ink to stamp, Versamark to stamp, Graph'It white Shake pen, Graph'It Black alcohol marker, Graph'It Glitter shake silver and gold (character)