Monday, 23 November 2015

Upcycled Festive Humbugs

Hey Dahhhlinks!!

So I totally forgot about some projects I did way back when for a couple of issues of Simply Homemade Magazine which is one of my favourites here in the UK...

There are a few so I'm going to share these with you over the next few days : ) 

I lost track of the issue these were in but it was issue 61 and 62 I think (me bad, so sorry!)....

I was asked to do a little upcyling/ homespun kraft feely theme to some makes...this jar was an absolute bargain snip at just £1 - from Poundland of course! LOL!
Filled with yummy humbugs although I have to confess they were a little stuck together when I tried to steal one out the jar before sending it off to the magazine haha. I just basically did a quick make by creating a wrap with kraft card and strips of papers, a few ready made embellies and bob's your uncle - a great £1 gift for a neighbour or a stocking filler - it would make a great favour to add to the place settings on the Christmas table too, I think I'd like to add the person's name to the front as an actual place setting, it would be really different and so much better than a naff cracker.

I used papers and elements from my Picknix Nordic Winter collection which you can get here either on CD or download if you love it as much as I do - it's great for getting a really modern but festive look to all your cards, decorations and gifts this year, I just love it.



I'll be back tomorrow with more loveliness from this collection xx