Saturday, 28 November 2015

Little Robin Redbreast...Simply Homemade Magazine

Hey Dahhhlinks!!

I'm back today with something else from issues of Simply Homemade Magazine which is one of my favourites here in the UK...

There are a few so I'm going to share these with you over the next few days : ) 

I lost track of the issue these were in but it was issue 61 and 62 I think (me bad, so sorry!)....

I was asked to do a little upcyling/ homespun kraft feely theme to some makes...
I used papers and elements from my Picknix Nordic Winter collection which you can get either on CD or download if you love it as much as I do - it's great for getting a really modern but festive look to all your cards, decorations and gifts this year, I just love it.

So this card is using the lovely Robin from the collection and I really went to town on layers and texture with this one.
I LOVE using gesso and texture pastes (in fact it's one of the things I kinda covet and I have a really big hoard of it lol)...

The papers are all from the collection and I used a Tonic frame die (can't remember which one now) and the flourish is by Tattered Lace, it's one of my favourites I use again and again and it always cuts sooo easily too. I then cut out the holly and flowers which are again from the collection and just layered them up to get lots of dimension.
I tend to find my cards are either dead flat and minimal or blinged and dimensioned to the enth degree - I'm an all or nothing girl LOL!