Wednesday, 25 November 2015

Ho Ho Ho...Simply Homemade Magazine

Hey Dahhhlinks!!

Me again  - wow so many posts haha!...Again I'm back today with something else from issues of Simply Homemade Magazine which is one of my favourites here in the UK...

I lost track of the issue these were in but it was issue 61 and 62 I think (me bad, so sorry!)....

I was asked to do a little upcyling/ homespun kraft feely theme to some makes...
I used papers and elements from my Picknix Nordic Winter collection which you can get here either on CD or download if you love it as much as I do - it's great for getting a really modern but festive look to all your cards, decorations and gifts this year, I just love it.

I drew this Santa earlier in the year and I have to say I just adore him he's soooo cheerful and gorgeous you just pray this is actually what Santa does look like don't you - and I love having my Father Christmas dressed in non-red outfits, I just think it makes him a little different.

I have to thank my friend Susan as she inspired me with this amazing star shape! She made this last year on a sample for me and I vowed to make my own - it only took me a year but I got there in the end - thanks Aunty Sus!
Don't you just LOVE the height and depth you can get with this, it's amaaaazing!  There was a template for the star included in the magazine so try and find it - I tried but I couldnt get the link for some reason....
I don't know why but I think this is one of my fave Xmas cards I ever made, I just really like everything about it and it didnt take very long at all....

This whole card was made from the Picknix Nordic Winter collection - I just added some kraft card and lots of glitter. The flourish die is Tattered Lace.