Friday, 20 November 2015

Christmas colours at Graph'It colouring challenge

Wow the weeks are flying by right now! We are uber busy as ever at Polkadoodle towers but i'm managing to keep up - somehow- with some colouring challenges even though all my aches and pains are still with me...I'm trying not to moan about it too much as I know I have it pretty easy compared to most people but I guess it's all relative and when you're busy constantly it gives you a reality check and makes you remember how old you are LOL!....

So today is colour challenge day over at Graph'it and I had to try and remember the colour palettes from my teeny brain and I completely misinterpreted them but never mind...I wanted to keep the colours on this one really light and soft...
apologies this is completely out of focus but I was really struggling with the light and just after I photographed this I then used it for another project which has changed it completely so I couldn't retake the pic...
Which brings me on to backgrounds...they can completely transform your colouring...this is the same image 30 mins later after I added her to a journal page and used Pan Pastels and stamps to create a background for her...you'd think it was a completely different image but I did nothing whatsoever to the image other than tear it out, glue it down and then sweep colour around it, the image itself is unchanged...
The image is from Polkadoodles Ickyink range available here.
Graph'It colours used:
skin: 4124, 4145 cheeks, 4150, 3105
hair: 7220, neutral grey 2, 4, 6, 8
clothes: 4145, 4135, 4105
Graph'It silver and gold glitter Shake, White Graph'It Shake

Please pop over and join in the challenge - it's all about Christmas colours this week so a nice easy one to enter and you can win some great prizes!  xxx