Friday, 23 October 2015

Christmas Colours with Graph'It markers

Hey Crafters! It's Colour challenge day over at Graph'It today so why dont you go and join in the challenge - you can win some really great digis and markers so well worth a trip and hitting that Linky Button! 

The challenge this week is to use one of these palettes for inspiration....
 

I love Oddball Art images. I have to be honest and admit that I forgot what the colour palette was meant to be this week but I had a massive booboo when I coloured these images. I decided to do a funky background but forgot to mask my images off and sprayed Mix'It solution over the entire piece - eeek! It was like a scene from Chucky with all that bleeding everywhere! I was distraught I can tell you! But when I looked it was worse around the outer edges really so I decided to cut the images and then decoupage them rather than start from scratch. 
So in the end I coloured a background onto a card front using 7250 and then sprayed with Mix'It to create snow. I then went a bit berserk with my Graph'It Shake White swoonable pen to create a flurry of snow. 
I need to point you in the direction of the top and bottom edges of my card - see all the glittery stuff? This is SO cool!
I was mooching at 6am (dont ask) in Tesco's one day and came across the most sparkly glitter TAPE, yes Tape! Not even looking at the price it went straight in my basket OF COURSE. Now, this tape is pants at sticking but my oh my it's stunning to look at! See if you can find it, I reckon it will be great for sticking on wrapping paper and it's great on normal card and paper but I tried it on a gift bag the other week and it was rubbish. Anyway, it tears real easy, so this was just a tiny strip torn down the centre and stuck to the top and bottom. It has the glitter texture to it too - not a shiny surface - which is cool! So then I actually took 7220 and 7250 and coloured over the edge to actually combine it into the card - hey presto, glittery snow borders, I love it! And because the Shake pens are acrylic based the white also went straight on top too...I can see me using this a whole lot more, so wish you could buy sheets of it!  In hindsight it would also die-cut and I wish I'd done that with the sentiment, I think it would fit on the tape ok...
Colours used: Skin: 4105, 4125, 4150, 3105 - cheeks, 4145, 4135
Hair (left) Grey greens and Blue Greys 
Teal Blue background: 7240 and 7250, White Graph'It Shake
Red and Greens clothing: 5245, 5280, 8260, 8280

See you soon! xx