Saturday, 5 September 2015

More background effects with Graph'It...

Hey!

Before I forget again, you can catch me on Create and Craft TV on Tuesday at 10am - hopefully with some great inspiration!

I'm back today with some more colouring, with Graph'It alcohol markers today.

Our latest challenge over at Graph'It is here, so make sure you go soak up all the great ideas from the team : ) You can win awesome products!

I got so carried away with the background technique I did with the acetate last week I made 2 at the same time. I used an image from the Graph'It sponsore this week...
 If you want to know how I made the background check back at last week's post - the technique is exactly the same....as I was colouring the candles I thought it would be cool to get a little warm glow going...

...I think the wallpaper like, set on fire!!! LOL!!
But it's still kinda cool I think haha! 

I added plenty of shading behind and under the Chaise Longue, I really wanted it to look like it was up against a wall and 3 dimensional...I think we often under estimate the importance of greys and shadows and lighting. I was really chuffed with how this turned out - the pink looks quite velvety i think which is exactly what I wanted. It also made me fall in love with the bright pinks in the 51's which I never seem to use - Magenta is my new love I think!
Colours: Sofa: 5125, 5130, 5160 with lots of greys added for shadow.
Shadow greys: 9400,9402,9404,9406, 9408, 9909
Background: 6185, 5160, 2150, 1180
Mix'it fluid

See you soon!