Sunday, 15 June 2014

Little bit of Flora and Fauna with Pan Pastels

I haven't been able to join inthe Pan Pastel challenge for ages but I really wanted to do this one because I wanted to make something for someone who's going through a really hard time at the mo and I think this will cheer her up.

I made this in about an hour and it was just made up with loads of bits and pieces I had hanging around...

a 6" MDF heart and lots of Tattered flowers from Tim Holtz after I finally got this die about a month ago at a bargain price of £2!

I coloured the centres of the flowers which were cut from an old book and used Permanent Red and Turquoise Pan Pastel, together with a bit of Burnt Sienna here and there.

These 3 are my most used Pan Pastels, I think I probably use them every single time I craft - for me the Burnt Sienna has replaced ALL my distress inkpads and it goes everywhere with me for distressing edges because I find it so much easier than inks. As I'm getting older I'm finding that my hands are becoming more and more chy shaky these days and my fingers are just not as nimble as they used to be - don't get me wrong it's not noticable to anyone else, but it's noticable to me because I know I used to love making really intricate things and I struggle with it now. The reason I love Pan Pastels is because if I DO go wrong with them i can just take a rubber and rub it out again, no matter what surface!

All the other embellies were hanging around on my desk - mainly all Dutch Doobadoo which you can see here.  I used: Doobadoo Hearts, Gears, Angel Wings

If you've not seen or heard of Dutch Doobadoo before - they make awesome paper cuts which are laser cut and are so so fine - we're talking titchy embellies which are way smaller than your dies can cut, so they're perfect for little embellies. They're in different materials which I love and also make the most amazing masks and templates.

The little white flowers are actually Maimeri Light Modelling paste which was squeezed into a Katy Sue mould and allowed to dry overnight - I have loads of these, I just make them up in batches and mix them with all my air dry clay flowers - that big pink rose is made with Das air dry clay (this is a paper clay and gives more texture than some of the more foam based clay).

Right, that's it from me, I'll be back later this week with the winner of my 5th Birthday candy!

xx
toodlepip!
xx