Friday, 7 March 2014

Graph'It colour challenge - Male Colours

Hello!

Over on the Graph'It challenge this week we are all about Male Colours which I love - those muted tones are always right up my street!

I probably stretched the brief a little with this one but I wanted to show that you can easily apply male colours to a very feminine theme and we don't always need to be all pink pink pink!
Having said that my card is OTT girly LOL!
I don't think I've ever added so much stuff to one card in my life LOL!!! This didnt go according to plan, I used the Doobadoo Shape Art template as the base which I love and then I had a really cool idea of how to make it a bit different...only it didn't really work out...so I had this base on my desk for 4 days looking at me, being turned this way and that way and I was determined to use it as it's a great shape....and for it to be there 4 days was HUUUUGE for me because if I dont make it there and then it usually goes in the bin....

Anyway, in the end it kinda got covered with one thing and another thing and another thing LOL...in fact 2 mins before I took this photo I still had to add something else. I guess I'm not really in a CAS mood this week haha!

So, I coloured the image which is from my brand new Work & Play collection (available on CD and digi here) with my Graph'It markers.  The papers are from my Picknix Collection.
The little envelope is made from Doobadoo Shape Art again and all the little hearts, leaves and swirls and butterflies are all laser cuts, again from Doobadoo. I also used the Doobadoo Diamond mask to  add some gesso onto some of the paper pieces and hiding up in the left corner is some denim too which I also added gesso over. A little swoosh of black and brown pan pastel helped to distress it all. My final fancy flourish which you will be seeing on all of my work from now will kingdom come is that little bit of honeycomb down in the corner - aw man you HAVE to get this it's absolutely brilliant!! It looks really expensive but I just tear a tiny bit off and that's all you need, it just seems to finish this style of card brilliantly!
I'll be back tomorrow with some REALLY exciting news!!

xx