Sunday, 23 February 2014

Using a stencil/mask to make an embellishment...

Happy Sunday!
I'm a little late posting because I got embroiled in designing some new stamps which are too cute but that's a whole other secret story! ; )

Today over at the Pan Pastel challenge blog we are making embellies using Stencils. The Pan Pastel team are sooo creative! Luckily for me I made this last week which I really loved and adorned with some of my special stash which is years old and been hiding in my precious drawer.
 This is a plain old MDF heart which I got cheap as chips ages ago. I used a flower mask from our new range of Dutch Doobadoo products - if you haven't seen these yet you MUST!! It's ages since I was so excited about a range of products, they're perfect for CAS makes but you can also mess them up for projects like this too and there aren't many product ranges which are that verrsatile! 
I stencilled through the mask with Versamark ink and then applied Pan Pastels (I think it was Yellow Ochre and Perm Red Shade). I then applied the dots stencil and pushed some Light Modeling paste through it (you can get all these product links at the bottom of this post by the way!). Used a snip of denim and then made the little hearts and wings embellie and again stencilled using the dot mask. Finally I added all the other bits and pieces of embellies and then added a flower doily and concertina'd an old book page....don't have a heart attack! I adore using book pages but I am really fussy about which books I will use. This was an old paperback that was total rubbish so I had no issue with tearing it up but PLLLLEASE be careful if you alter books - remember they are pieces of history sometimes and there are many which should not be touched! In my opinion, anyway!

If you're loving all the Doobadoo products I've used here then PLEASE watch out because I have some exciting news coming! In the meantime you can shop for all the products I used below....