Friday, 21 February 2014

Colouring Denim

Hello, me again, twice in a week, woohooo!

This week over on the Graph'It challenge we are colouring Denims so please make sure you go and check out the fantastic inspiration from the team, it's superb!

I've been away at the NEC this week attending the UK's only trade show and demoing for Premium Craft Brands so I've had rather a busy week but I managed to join in this challenge last minute. There was SOOO much interest in Graph'It at the show, it's just fantastic to see that in just a short year we've managed to really get this fantastic range of products on the map and that all the industry professionals can see how great they are and are now starting to stock them in your local craft shops....if yours hasn't got them yet then tell them they should!

Over at Polkadoodles this week we have SO much going on including lots of new stash...too much to mention all in one post so I'm going to be giving you some sneaky peeks over the next week or so which will make you jump up and down! So watch out, we're talking serious stash overload here!

So anyway, I find that lots of people struggle with choosing the right colours for denim for some reason but if you forget about using blues and go grey instead you're onto a winner in the Graph'It range!....
I used my Dollie Daydream digistamp and I'm a bit obsessed with colouring water at the moment as you might have guessed. Actually, if I'm honest this was the first and just about the only image that I had to hand last minute LOL!....
I absolutely adore Graph'It Cool Greys for colouring Denims and that's what I've used here with a very limited colour palette of only Greys (other than skintones).
The Graph'It colours I used are:
Skin: 4115, 4155, 4170, 4175, 4145
Jeans: Cool Greys 9101, 9102, 9103, 9105, 9106, 9905, 9909
Umbrella and background: Neutral Greys 9501, 9502, 9102
Blender

If you love colouring but are a little scared to go with a new marker like Graph'it this might be a good way to give them a whirl. Although I used 7 pens here to do my jeans you get a mega result just with 3 to be honest, I was just being a bit GI anal LOL!

The card itself uses papers from my Picknix 1 range and a ton of new products I haven't even begun to tell you about yet but I know you're going to need cos I've fallen in love with them this week.

Right, I will be back soon with some exciting news, but in the meantime make sure you go and check out the challenge and also pop on over to the Polkadoodles blog too because we have another fab challenge there today with some more great stash up for grabs....

See ya soon my lovelies! :D

I'm entering this card into the following challenges: