Wednesday, 11 September 2013

Pan Pastels, Sizzix flowers and a Quick and Easy Card

Just wanted to share another make from my day at Coleman's...I still keep thinking about all that lovely stash haha!
I also need to tell you about something hilarious that happened yesterday...Mr Doodles got a letter from ITV asking if he wanted to go on Come Dine With Me...
....well, clearly his culinary failures have now been spread far and wide by the power of twitter haha!

Anyway let's get on with today's business...

Have you worked out how addicted I am to Pan Pastels yet? I wanted to do something a little different with this one to show the versatility...

So simple but I really like this! I made a simple background using 3 different blues and 2 greens. I then took the Pan Pastel applicator tools - these simulate different brush strokes and are brilliant for making fine detail. So I used the shape of the sponges to create a couple of flowers, turning the card as I worked.  I then added Metallic Pan Pastels onto my favourite Sizzix frame and then coloured my Sizzix die cut flowers. Bob's your uncle! Such a quick and simple make, had I not been yak yak yakking this would have been done in 10minutes flat.