Tuesday, 10 September 2013

Metallic Pan Pastels, Sizzix, Embossing, Oil on Water effect

Hello again!
Last week I went to the amazing Coleman's Craft Warehouse in Rushden, Northants and it was absolutely fabulous!
My lovely friend and design team colleague Bev took this pic of me on the day...I think I'd gone boz eyed with all the colouring at this point as I have my specs on my head LOL!! Coleman's, if you've never been is HUMONGOUS and filled to the brim with stash you will want and more importantly NEED! And I mean craft stash you will USE too, unlike the big chain stores that tend to be filled with miscellaneous craft, this is mainly papercrafting, scrapbooking and jewellery with some fab storage too. You really must go if you get the chance!
 Anyway, I was demonstrating for Premium Art Brands with the megalush new Pan Pastel Metallics, masks and Graph'It markers so I'm going to show you some samples this week. We chatted a LOT so I didnt make quite as many as I hoped, but here we go with Numero Uno....
The photo on this is a bit pants as I had to take it on the table and then leave the sample behind. 
This was a Sizzix rose embossing folder which was embossed on black card. I then added a variety of the Metallic Pan Pastels and mixed in Pthalo green, Ultramarine and a touch of Violet to give an 'oil on water' look to the metallics. Remember you can add the metallics to your normal Pan Pastels to make them metallic too! I just added a simple tag, ribbon and backing paper and let the embossing do the work.