Tuesday, 3 September 2013

Metallic Pan Pastels, Sizzix and chocolate!

Hello!!
I'm back with another Pan Pastel make for you today!

I told you I was completely addicted to the new Metallics! In fact, I think a LOT of crafters will be following in my addiction footsteps once they see the fabulushness of these!

On Saturday I was lucky enough to demo at the most wonderful craft shop I've been in yet in the UK - Coleman's Craft Warehouse at Rushden in Northants. I'd heard great things about it being awesome and BIG but oh my goodness! BIG isn't the word!! Mammoth is a better description I think!!
The huge expanse of wall space is adorned with every crafty brand you could wish to see and the way they have it all organised is just brilliant, so easy to find what you want without having to rummage around in boxes or on the floor like happens so often (and I have to say it can be like that in my own shop lol!)...the staff were amazingly helpful and everyone who attended was absolutely lovely - there to see the demos and browse the goodies and soak up a great atmosphere. Alongside me demoing were the fabulous Paul Church and Jo firth Young so a lovely time was had by all I think.

So my mission for the day was to share the Pan Pastel and Graph'It love....and there was mucho love I can tell you! We had to restock at lunchtime because everything just flew out. So I'll share some of the samples I made later this week, but in the meantime I wanted to show you this one which was one of my experiments from my Polkadoodles Outlet demo the other weekend...


With this project I used black card again and the Bronze Pan Pastel this time. I mixed in some Permanent Red Extra Dark which is a lush dark chocolatey colour from the normal Pan Pastels range...as you can see it made the Bronze go all delish and chocolatey - it really reminds me of when you dust chocolate with edible gold lustre (think chocolate ganache cake!)....

Yet again I turned to my faithful Sizzix dies and that lovely diamond embossing folder. On the embossing I used some gold together with the bronze, pewter and probably just mixed a bit of all the metallics in if I'm honest LOL! (can't remember now!). I then die-cut flowers from the embossed sheet and made a gold frame to add a different colour....
I layered the elements up, used a Versamark inkpad and a mask to make the sentiment background, then stamped the sentiment in Versamark and dusted with Rich Gold. A dotty backing paper to match and some cream bias binding and you really don't need anything else I think...

Everyone at the demo kept asking me which they needed to get started and this is really hard...I always try to be as honest as I can when I recommend product and try not to tell anyone to buy 'everything' as i think it's really unfair when some people don't have a big budget...but I'm afraid in the case of the Metallic Pan Pastels you really do NEED them ALL!!! I honestly could not choose even just a couple because if you use all 6 together you get a completely stunning result and it enables you to break up the monotony of having a single toned piece of work. What I mean by that is - with this card if I had used the same colour tone all through it wouldn't look as great I think...the embossed rivets are a different colour tone to the frame which again is different to the chocolatey flowers. In my humble opinion this means that it gives you a multi-dimensional look to the work and adds so much more interest rather than keeping everything in gold or silver tones. To get all 6 it works out at £36 which doesnt really break the bank when you compare it to other consumables like paper pads and inkpads. Your Pan Pastels should last you eons if you use the proper Pan Pastel sponges which don't absorb the product and means you don't waste any! 
If you want to see all 6 colours you can see them here....

Be back soon!
xx