Wednesday, 28 August 2013

Metallic Pan Pastels, Sizzix and embossing

Me again! So this is the 2nd project I've been teasing you with....

I had a demo day in the Outlet store on Saturday and was playing around with the amazingly luscious Pan Pastel metallics...oh my, J'adore!....These literally just arrived in the UK last week straight from release from the US of A and I think we are one of the first places they're available in blighty....

....this was SOOO quick and easy to make!  I simply took a Rose embossing folder by Sizzix and embossed it on black card. I die-cut one of my favourite Sizzix frames which is one of my favourites EVER, and then just covered them both with Versamark ink.
Swoosh on some daubs of Pan Pastel metallics in ALL 6 colours until all the ink is covered (you'll be amazed how little you need)....unlike various Mica powders and Perfect Pearls, because the Pan Pastel is in a compacted form you do not get tons of waste like you do with a loose powder product - a real pet hate of mine, I just hate wasting powders!...and Pan Pastels are SO much cleaner to use for sure!...
Then all I did was buff it off with a really soft cloth (or a soft brush would do) to reveal this amazing metallic look.... I then used my all time favourite - yep you guessed it, those amazing Sizzix flower dies again to add some embellies. I just coloured a ticket sentiment from the Bonbon Belles collection and ombre coloured some simple bias binding and voila!....like I said, stunning result but totes simples!...
Join me tomorrow where I'll reveal the next loveliness I made on Saturday....
xx