Thursday, 1 August 2013

Embossed Heaven!

So...I don't often use embossing folders these days. Not because I don't love 'em, just because they often don't fit with what I need to make.

I still buy them of course! ; D

I was at Hobbycraft on Saturday demonstrating and I picked this Sizzix embossing folder up, having owned it for about a year and never used it (sound familiar?)...I'll be honest, it didn't really grab me in the packet, but once it was embossed I loved it and for me it completely cried out to be coloured up...


I just took my good old faithful Pan Pastels and coloured this baby up, using Permanent Red, Perm Red Tint and a couple of greens, plus a blue in between.  The embossing detail is so deep it took the colour perfectly and was a dream to do, in fact, after a dead as a doornail day where no-one could be interested to see what I was doing, this one drew a little crowd. Ok, well one lovely lady who had come down from the shop to see me LOL! She fell in love with this too.

I just cut out one of the flowers, colour tinted some more card with the Red and added a sentiment and a ribbon. Perfick. Reminds me of a certain high street designer this one! x