Monday, 12 August 2013

Bright and Bold!

Hello! Another Monday and the start of another busy week at Polkadoodle towers...nothing new there then LOL! I keep finding samples that I haven't shared with you yet so I wanted to show you this one which I love even if I do say so myself. If I haven't told you already I am currently in love with all things Sizzix - not that I ever wasn't - but I think they are really pulling out the stops with all their latest collections this year and having seen some of the new stuff launched at CHA my bank balance is going to suffer big time I think!

Anyway, I'm also really into BRIGHT and BOLD colours at the moment too which is very unusual for me! I'm usually a very muted kinda gal so this is completely out of my normal remit and I'm blaming it on those darned Pan Pastels and Graph'It markers! Both brands have some superb colours and tend to be very vibrant and it really is translating over into my work at the moment and I have to say I am LOVING it! It's cool to give yourself a kick up the backside now and then and take some inspiration from new things, but it's even cooler when it just kinda happens without you even realising it! : )


This mega bright card was made during an extremely boring demonstration I did the other week where the world passed by without even a second glance at my poor little craft table in the middle of a big store...and I think it's SOO pretty too! I was amazed no-one stopped to look at the bright colours of this and the pretty little flowers. I have to say this photo doesnt really do this justice it's a little overexposed and difficult to see the awesome tones. I used my Sizzix flowers die again and again cut them all in white card then colour tinted the centres using Pan Pastels. I think I'm addicted to both Pan Pastels AND this die! The paper and the butterfly are from our Bonbon Belles collection and the frame is another I'm in love with! I'm usually pretty critical of my own work but I really love these flowers and I actually love this sample so much it's on my desk for a while....Hope you like it too x