Friday, 28 June 2013

New beginnings!

Well, here at Polkadoodles it's been a busy old month with moving premises and the launch of our Bonbon Belles beauties and a host of other stuff! We don't do things by half that's for sure!

In addition to all this, today is the first day of a brand new challenge blog for the amazing Graph'It markers! Woohoo!! Please make sure you check it out - even if you are happy with your current alcohol markers you will LOVE this blog and you don't even need to use GIs to enter, but the Design Team are simply AMAZING! I truly believe we have some of the best colourists around on this team so I'm mega excited to be a part of this!

Anyway, let's get this show on the road!

Head on over to the blog to join in with the challenge - as I said, this is a colouring challenge and you can use any kind of marker to enter and we have some fabulous prizes up for grabs each week so make sure you follow us too! See you over there! 

So today my post is all about New Beginnings for the Graph'It blog and for Polkadoodles blog too!
For this card I used a couple of beautiful new dies I got this week which are both from Sizzix and I've coloured in an image from my brand new collection Bonbon Belles which is just lovely. And of course she's coloured with my brand new Graph'It pens too! So New beginnings 3 times round!


I'm so bad, I've completely forgotten the colours I've used on this image :O what a great start that is! I promise to try harder next time LOL! I do know the skintones I used are 4110, 4120, 4155, 4170 and 4180 with 4135 for cheeks. Graph'Its really are taking the marker world by storm and everywhere I go right now I'm being asked all about them and I'm so pleased that once I show a couple of samples everyone can see the amazing difference and vibrancy of colour you can achieve easily. It really is a no-brainer for me! I've also used Pan Pastels around the edges to distress a little and on my sentiment to colourise it - again I just find using Pan Pastels so much easier and quicker than Distress Inks and if I go wrong I can rub it out and start again!

This week I finally got a Big Shot! I've had every other die-cutting machine on the planet I think, but I had to use a Big Shot at a recent demo day in Hobbycraft and I was blown away by how lovely it was to use and have been want...no, let's face it, NEEDING one ever since! I've always been a big Sizzix fan and have quite a few dies (I still have my old red machine and I could never bear to part with it!) but the Big Shot is so lovely to use. What really blows me away is the ergonomics of it and just how EASY it is to use, quite honestly. Instead of feeling like your arm is going to drop off winding the handle, the Big Shot goes through everything like butter - I cut 4 pieces of paper folded in half (8 sides) all at once and it cut like butter. Swish!....done in about 5 seconds! LOVE LOVE LOVE it! So to go along with my beautiful new cutting steed a few new dies managed to adventure into my craft room too...of course...so the huge big peony flower is a Bigz die which is just stunning (have to say I haven't done this justice as my paper was only 90gsm so it's a bit too floppy and flat really and I was in a bit of a rush). I finished off with a great Scallop Circles Framelits set which is perfect for so many things and a real staple you should have in your die stash if you haven't already got it.
All the papers and the image I've used on this card are from our new Bonbon Belles collection and papers are from the Marshmallow Fluff Colourburst - you'll love it!

Right I'd better head off, I'll be back very soon with more lushness!