Sunday, 7 April 2013

Phew!

Hi everyone! My goodness it's been cold this week, I really hope it starts to warm up soon! Just wanted to share some of this week's news, as always, life at Polkadoodles is always a whirlwind but I've actually had the day off today (first since Crimbo, eeks!) so it's a good time to catch up on things...

Firstly, we do have some really important news re Polkadoodles...we now have an OUTLET shop for the public to visit! Wooohoooo!!
We came back from a show recently and we realised we have quite a lot of stock just siting here waiting for the online buyers to snap it up so we've had a really good move around and have now opened one of our units to the public. Now, before you all get your roller skates on, opening times will be and are limited to Thursday, Friday and Saturdays each week BUT please PLEASE check the website before you travel any distance as we may not be open all the time if we have show commitments and the last thing we want is people wasting their time if we're not there! It's not a huge shop but if you're in the area we'd love you to pop in and see us and we have lots of great offers going on.

So I have to tell you I will be on Create & Craft TV this week on Fri 12th April at the ungodly hour of 8am! I only have one hour so make sure you record it if you can't watch as there won't be repeats etc. I also have another show (2 hours I think) on 20th April with Premium Art Brands with more lushty products for you, can't wait!

Yesterday was the first of my demo days at our local York Hobbycraft...it was a little quiet because it was THE most gorgeous day here and anyone who lives between York and the coast knows what that means - everyone heads off to the coast! Plus it was Grand National day which always makes it a quiet afternoon, but I spent 4 hours with some lovely ladies where we talked a lot about die-cutting and threw a few cool ideas around...it was quite nice and informal and turned into more of a workshop than anything, although they nagged me into some colouring too of course, those minxes! We all made some cool rosettes and then discovered Hobbycraft had a ton of Tim Holtz dies at half price including Rosette ones so we all snaffled up the bargains! The ladies all loved our brand new Toppings and Colour Me packs which were a hit with them because they are so great for making your own card toppers or for practising colouring with, especially if you don't like digital products! The ladies all thought they were a great idea, check them out here! 


I didn't colour this yesterday but I did this at the NEC and made it into a sample this week (sorry if you're on my Facebook and Twitter feeds you'll be sick of seeing this image!) but I ADORE this and I think this is one of my favourite things I've ever coloured. Of course, I coloured this with Graph'It markers (nothing else will really do for me these days unless my arm is twisted up my back!)...it's the umbrella which I love, such a great effect and a complete accident really!
Look how the brolly actually looks like it has raindrops on it! it was coloured with 3 colours plus the blender pen but I love how it looks like it's wet and where I used the blender on the inside  the blender bleed lines actually look like the water marks so I left them there!

This gorgeous image is from Emma Canning and is available as either a digistamp or on our digistamp Heaven CD here.

I'll be back later this week with some more makes for you, so I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend. Me, I'm off back to my coffee and choccy digestive!
x