Tuesday, 25 December 2012

Fluffy little Snowflakes...

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope everyone has a great Christmas with family and friends and that Santa brings you everything you wished for!

We are posting our last challenge of 2012 over at Elisabeth Bell's World today with the theme of Fluffy Snowflakes. I loved making this card, it took me quite a while for some reason, probably because I was faffing about with the colouring lol!

This is a new digi which is available this month in LissyBee's store and I coloured this with Promarkers and Flexmarkers.
I tried a new technique today - you can't really see very well on the photos but I used Tea Green around the edge of the image, using a blender pen to really blend it out smoothly. I could have used a Distress Ink instead but I then used the blender pen in the areas that were coloured with Tea Green to create snowflakes. I then took the Tea Green and dotted snowflakes into the white area closest to the image. This gives it a really soft fluffy look and enables you to cover the entire background without having to colour it if you get my drift. You might be able to see it better if you zoom in I hope. Finally I added more snowflakes with my white Inkssentials pen and distressed the edges. The only other things I used were some green Bazzill, die cuts and Martha Stewart punches and some gems for the snowflake centres. The sentiment and papers are my own from the Picknix 2 Collection.  Hope you like it!
I'll be back soon with some more lovelies for you to feast your eyes on, in the meantime Best Wishes for the Christmas season, it'll be over before we know it!
Merry Christmas!
xx