Sunday, 25 November 2012

Different folds

Hey everyone, Happy Saturday! Well, it's the 25th of the month and that means another challenge over at Elisabeth Bell's World blog today! The theme this month is 'A different Fold'. Now I'm not massively into doing folds, I think because years ago I went fold crazy and made every mini book or origami project that ever existed and had a bit of a fold overload lol! So this month i've done a twist...well actually it's a slight fib, I misread the challenge and ended up doing something for the November 2013 challenge instead! I'm normally late, not a year early haha!!

So, join us over at the blog and enter the challenge and you could win a whole lotta goodies from Elisabeth PLUS be invited to join us as a Guest Designer in the New Year! It's a super-talented team! And in the meantime don't forget to join in our Blog Hop over at Digibells too!

Anyway, can you spot my fold? My twist is the flap fold on the top of my card, so you have to open the flap to get inside...I've used the lovely Cinnamon Twist image from Lissy's Little Cottage Cuties collection for Whimsy Stamps (adore this collection) and I decided to go for a monochrome feel to this one too, one of my fave looks at the moment as I'm sure you all know by now! This was quite quick to make again, I already had my image coloured but just took some browns and recoloured her into a single tone, then slapped loads of bits and pieces on there, just whatever I had hanging around my desk to be honest. The papers are from my Gingerbread Twist CD (although it's Christmas there are awesome all year round papers on there).
I used a Marianne's die (right) and coloured it brown with Promarkers and added a few little flowers to the stem. The other embellie (left) is made up of flowers, these amazing picks and I then added some leaves, again colouring with a brown Promarker to make them tone in with everything else. The buttons  at the top are from my stash (I was lucky enough to pickup a bunch of vintage ones from Etsy a while back that has all sorts of gems in there like the single hole one) with some little ones I made myself last year...I just took some air dry clay and pressed my buttons into it to make a mould, then when the moulds were set used Fimo to make my own buttons! The hardest thing is taking them OUT of the mould as they all came out quite rough but I actually LOVE them like this, it gives them tons of texture. Plus, if you make them from white Fimo or clay you can then colour them whatever colour you want, I made loads like this all in a batch to make it easy - only trouble is I like 'em so much i can't use 'em of course haha! I think this must be only the 3rd one I've every used! I'm hopeless, think I'm just a curator of beautiful stash! The other thing I love on here are the Bazzill Boshers - thats the brown donut thing with the string tied through if you've never seen these before...they've been around years but I don't think they ever really caught on much, but they're fab! Again I coloured it with a PM.

Right, that's it from me today! I'll be back soon! xx