Thursday, 18 October 2012

Lazin' Around...

I really hope you all managed to catch the Letraset shows on Create and Craft TV yesterday (think there may also be an hour or two today) and snapped up the DVD!

So, as promised here is the reveal of yesterday's sneaky peek card...

Little Jack & Bobbin Snoozin'....
This is another Whimsy Stamps Design from the Little cottage Cuties by Elisabeth Bell (I do colour other stuff too, honestly!)...I love this little image and I think it's a really versatile one, can be used for any number of different occasions I think...


I have to admit I really messed this up, I tried to get all arty with the circles on the blue paper and made a mess of it but hey ho, I just turned it to grunge instead lol! I used Zig 2 way glue to trace around the edge of the circles and pressed gold Perfect Pearls (one of my all time fave products EVER) into the dried glue. Only when I went to dust it off one of the circles wasnt dry and smudged it everywhere - oh noooo!! TRAGEDY!!!  As I'd already mounted the main image on top I really had to try and save it, I think I just about got away with it! 

On the main image I coloured him with Prisma's for a change and coloured the water with Pro and Flexmarkers. I cut the image around with a Martha Stewart punch to make the lush border which I thought worked really well and originally it was coloured green but I added the gold to give it a burnished, gilded look, just picking out some of the branches as it was enough without going full on gold everywhere which is so not me. It also tied in the mess of gold from the backing paper, hence why I got away with it looking distressed rather than a huge mistake! Least I think I did lol!
Finally, I added some embellies (just noticed i forgot to add string to my buttons, oh dear!), some faux stitching with my white pen and added a double bow and a sentiment. The brown nobbly round thing is   also a button but on the reverse, I was lucky enough to find someone selling an absolute stash of old vintagey buttons on Etsy a coupe of years ago. I confess I only use them on projects I adore haha, I'm such a stasher!!
To finish off I added glossy accents over the top of the messy dots, again this helped make it look like it was intentionally messy, and then added a few dots down the side to tie it in a bit. I like this card, it looks really vintagey to me.

Right that's it for me today - see you again soon!! xx