Tuesday, 16 October 2012

It's all thrown in the mix!...

Well hello again! 2 days on the trot, get me!

So I promised you a make today after a very long sabbatical and here I am...we recently started to stock Whimsy Stamp designs in the Polkadoodles shop and I loooooove Whimsy designs! It's no secret that I love Elisabeth Bell's illustrations, they're just delish so I have been having a little play with some of my favourite's from the Cottage Cuties collection...
I have to say I do really like the colours on this card...I wanted to make a really autumnal card to go with the image and was inspired by both Halloween, Autumn and Christmas all in one lol, little bit of overkill maybe but I just couldnt resist putting those 2 mini gingers on there! (They're for kids and dont actually taste that great but look very cute haha!).  


The papers I've used are from the Gingerbread Twist collection - I took 3 papers and cut 3 squares of each and distressed the edges a little then overlaid them to make a background like a checkerboard but on an angle.  The sentiment is just a Kuretake Chalk Writer pen (couldve been neater but my pen was a little dry as I stored it the wrong way up like a muppet) onto a mini blackboard heart peg which I picked up for a snip somewhere and some of our lovely Blossoms finished it off.  The image itself is called Apple Blossom and I coloured her with a variety of different pens... Her face is done using Kuretake's Fine & Brush (like Kurecolors but with a brush tip which is like velvet and lush lush lush), the hair is done with Copics and her dress is done with a combo of Copics and Promarkers! So I'm sorry I can't tell you what colours I used as it's a mystery to me too - they were just a small selection of colours I had in a box with me at the time!  
I added the orange flowers just to pick out the little bit of peach on the dress and make her overall peachy skin pop a little bit and not be flat on the page, think it worked quite nicely.

So that's it from me today - pop in tomorrow as I might just have something else for you to look at! xx