Friday, 17 August 2012

Pumpkin Fairy Ellora

!Hello everyone
Wow, I really didn't think I was going to get chance to post this month but I've scraped in by the skin of my teeth! It's been such a busy busy month for me, I've been scheduled schmeduled quite honestly! anyway, it's time for our wonderful team over at Digibells to host our monthly blog hop and launch of LissyBee's new digi for August which you can get here, which is just simply DEVINE!!
I heart this image a lot and I could not wait to colour her!!

So if you arrived here from the looovely Linda  then you hopped to the right place! This month we have the adorable Ellora Pumpkin Fairy image for you, isn't she a stunner?....
 I used my lovely lovely Kuretake Fine & Brush pens for this, as soon as I saw her I knew exactly what I wanted to do and the colours to use. I selected Fine & Brush because they are SO rich and sumptuous in colour, quite honestly in my opinion if you want a richness of tone to your work they blow Copic and Promarker out of the water in that respect I think. They are the same alcohol inks as the Kurecolor range but the Fine & Brush are brand new and again have the softest brush you've ever used! They literally feel like velvet to use and I genuinely don't want to stop colouring, it's bizarre to be gushing so much about a pen but I genuinely do feel this way! I just want more colours now, I've only got about 20 and I sincerely hope that Kuretake launch loads more, there will be the same quantity as Kurecolor which is currently 128. Funny how 3 different pen brands can all offer different things and results isn't it - I love them all for different reasons, but for richness of tone which is what I wanted with this image, F&B are the ones for me, can you believe I only used about half a dozen colours on this image too? I went a tad overboard on the flowers here but they are from our new bloomers range and the colours in this selection were just SO amazing I wanted to put them everywhere lol!
You can win this lovely digi image by just joining in our blog hop - so leave me a comment under this post and then hop on over to the wonderfully talented Alethea who is waiting to show you her uber gorgeous creation too!

The hop ends at 9am Friday 24th August (Arizona time so you UK peeps have until about 4pm by my reckoning!) - to be in with a chance to win the digi you need to leave comments on the Design Team blogs under their blog hop post and also please head over and have a look on the Digibells blog too - stunning inspiration from everyone and some superb colouring talent I think you'll agre!
So that's it from me for today, you'll see me on your screens on 1st September with Create and Craft, and I'll be back soon! ttfn! xx