Wednesday, 25 July 2012

Summer Daze!

Time for our monthly post over at Elisabeth Bell's World today and lucky us we are sponsored by the wonderful peeps over at Whimsy Stamps!  So head on over to the delicious EBW blog and see all the amazeballs inspiration - this team sure does rock! There is always lush candy up for grabs so make sure you get on over there NOW!...

I have chosen this delightful new digi from our gorgeously talented Lissybee - released just this month I absolutely love love love this image! Ok, so I love aaaalll Lissybee's stuff anyway but I love this one extra lol!  I'm sorry I've used the same image on 2 consecutive posts but I was in a bit of a whirlytizz last minute making this one but I tried to colour it differently to last time...I just love colouring water! It's a real challenge getting reflections and depth to water so I love doing images like this...





























Now I must confess I was colouring this one last night at home whilst also trying to eat tea and speak to my mum on the phone at the same time - I didn't notice the light was pretty poor in the room so my colouring on this could be a lot better, specially on the hair, I've lost all the shine (mainly because I only took home a handful of Flexmarkers so didnt have all the right colours with me and managed to print my image smaller than I wanted lol). I'm still not unpacked properly after last weekend so my workspace at the Studio is like a tip and I can't find anything as it's all in half empty boxed mixed up, it's completely doing my head in! (by the way, talking of pens, did you know that Letraset have just released the Autumn Promarkers Limited Edition sets? gorge!)...
Oh, and I just noticed the mark on the reed on the right hand side too - oh no! Ahh well, with the joy of digi it means I can just print as many as I like and do it again anyway! The card shape is a new one for me, I cut an 8x8 scallop blank in half and then folded half over at a diagonal, it's kind of like a twisted easel without the easel. It looks a little weird on the pic but I quite like it in real life, let me know what you think.

And did I mention Whimsy Stamps are sponsoring? Well, guess what? At Polkadoodles we are just expecting our first delivery of delicious offerings from Whimsy to add to the website - in our first delivery are Wee Stamps and the Cottage Cuties from Lissybee herself to add to our already amazing Belles n Whistles collection - rubber stamp heaven indeed, hurry up Mr Postman, I can't wait to get my mitts on the goodies!! So head on over to the blog now and get entering in the challenge to win some fab candy! woohoo!
x