Friday, 25 May 2012

Little Lamb - Elisabeth Bells World May

Morning campers, it's time for an Elisabeth Bell's world challenge today! The lovely Lissy Bee has released this GAWGUSS digi stamp *Little Lamb* - isn't it sooo cute!! Today we have a sketch challenge at EBW which I personally ADORE! If you've never used a sketch before with your cardmaking (or anything else come to think of it) you really should give it a go, sketches are a fabulous tool to use, especially if you're stuck for inspiration or need to make loads of cards really fast. Just draw out a rough plan using circles, squares and rectangles and it helps keep your designs on track. I use sketches a lot when I'm prepping for TV shows where I need to maybe make 12 demo's in a day ready for loads of shows - they help  me make sure my projects are all different and stops me from sitting looking at an empty card blank for hours on end!
 I've used papers from the Sugarplum Daisy CD rom on this card together with the scrummy image from Elisabeth. All flowers and feathers are from the Polkadoodles website.
I've distressed the papers with Old Paper Distress Ink and then run round the edges again with a pale pink and coral Acrylic Paint Dabber from Ranger. I've had these for yonks and not really used them but now I'm in my new st st studio I can get to all my materials a whole lot better so I'm using all the stuff I've not been able to reach before now LOL! I then added some feathers and flowers (that big fabric flower is a Petaloo one and is to DIE for!!!) and we are just adding some brand new flower packs into stock on the website which are absolutely FLYING out the door. The little feathers are also from Petaloo and cruelty-free I was pleased to see on the pack as I was a bit distressed at first when I saw they are proper real feathers! I think they're duck ones, but they're sooo nice, just perfick size too. Right, that's it from me today, make sure you join in our challenge at EBW to be in with a chance of winning the fab Digi!!