Friday, 18 May 2012

Hi everyone, time for the Digibells May blog hop! Yes, I did say Digibells, the lovely teamies over there asked me to be a permanent DT member for Elisabeth Bell's World and part of my duties for that are to join in the blog hop each month, woohooo lucky me!! If you havent checked out the creations from my teamies you NEED to,they are an awesomely talented bunch of girls, AMAZING colouring skills over there!

So if you arrived here from Wendy's blog, you're in the right place! 

This time our theme is Stitching (faux or real) and to coincide with the hop our lovely Lissy Bee has designed a fabulous new Digi - and you can win this if you take part in the hop!  

To win the digi you will need to hop through all our team and leave a comment on each blog to improve your chances of winning.
2 random winners will be chosen from all the comments and you have until Fri 1st June at 9am (Arizona time) to do your bit. We'll be posting the winners on Sat 2nd June on the Digibells blog. Woohoo!
Also, you have a 2nd way to win too!...just make a card using Stitching (faux or real) as a theme and post it on the Digibells blog! Our only rule is that you need to use an Elisabeth Bell image - if you want to join in and don't have one get yourself over to Lissy Bee's digi store now! The challenge will also end1st June at 9am and be announced on the 2nd June.  So good luck everyone, get hopping and carry on reading to see where you need to go next! 

So, my card for this challenge...this image from Elisabeth is so adorable, I love it! Cute little lambie! I decided to go quite vibrant with my colour choices on this card and show how you can make red and green, which are always considered Christmas colours, look entirely different if you introduce another strong colour, here I chose blue (pic is yet again a bit ropey, I seriously need to get my camera head on!)
All the papers are from the Sugarplum Daisy CD and I added a fabric flower and some paper ones (coming soon to the website, watch out, they are LUSH!) and the heart is a Basically Bare chipboard one which I coloured with the Fine & Brush again to make an embellie.
I coloured this image with the awesome brand spanking new Kuretake Fine & Brush alcohol markers. These are just to die for and if you are a pen geek like me you will love the velvet soft brush on these - it makes blending an absolute dream! These are the same alcohol inks as the Kurecolors range but now have a super fine tip which is just great for getting into details and now with a brush tip which is ultra soft and is the nicest tip that I've used on ANY alcohol marker if I'm quite honest. You can't even hear the pen on the paper it's so smooth - I do wish Kuretake would extend their current colour range, 400 colours like Copic would be heaven, and as their colours are so rich and vibrant I think they would take over the world once everyone tried them LOL! The first sets which are available now are in the same colourways we did for the Kurecolors recently but the good news is there is a 12 pack of skintones which are a MUST HAVE!
Now dear readers, you need to carry on hopping...hoppity hoppity...
Please now hop over to Lynda to carry on  your creative journey!
And as an extra incentive - anyone who does the blog hop and leaves a comment on each blog will be in with a chance of receiving a free digi download from me too! this will include papers and allsorts of goodies, so make sure you leave me and my teamies a comment (I WILL Check!!)...I will choose one person from my comments list on a random generator once the hop has finished!! So you have THREE chances to win! woohooo!!

toodlepip!! xx