Thursday, 1 March 2012

Simply Cards & Papercrafts Issue 95 March

Morning peepsicles!
Today the new issue of Simply Cards & Papercraft is out on the shelves. My colouring tutorials this month focus on watercolouring using the absolutely amazeballs Art & Graphic Twins from Kuretake Zig (seriously once you try these you will fall in love with them forever, to compare them for me is like having Tombow without the Tombow price and more flexible because of the tip!) so go grab a copy today! You all seem to be loving the tutorials, we're receiving some great feedback every month and I know loads of you are actually doing the tutorials and practicing which is just brilliant!! I always wonder if anyone actually takes notice of tutorials sometimes but I know that you are so that makes me a very happy girl indeed as it means I'm giving you the knowledge that you all want and need - so big yay and thankyou for your support!
So this month I decided to use a real favourite image of mine which is from the Sundae of Seasons CD. I used this to demo Flexmarkers on Create & Craft and I had so many comments about the image I know it's a real goodie to help show you some technique. You can also get it as a digi here specially for the magazine as we want you all to have a go at this month's tut!
 I also made another project this month which uses some of the fabulous Basically Bare range from Kuretake Zig - gorgeous packs of chipboard, felt, thick acetate, cardboard and kraft elements which you can decorate to your 'arts content (see what I did there lol!) - cover with your papers, inks, waterbased markers, your alcohol based markers, they are great for doing virtually anything with AND you get a selection of different mediums in each pack making them really versatile. If you're into anything altered or scrabooky or your art journalling you will love them but I also love them for cards too. LOVE love love these Fleur De Lys ones which I also coloured with the Art & Graphic Twins for a different arty look with loads of texture to the ink...
The butterflies on here are also from the Sundae of Seasons CD (favest butterflies of all time for me) and again coloured with the AG's. That awesome scroll stamp is from my Stamp Doodle sets but will also be available as a separate scroll very very soon because it is a totally awesomely versatile stamp that everyone should own quite simply! You can make allsorts of patterns and backgrounds with this, from an all over the page background to borders, corners and frames, again a real must have stamp! This year we will be converting some of my all time favourite images from all the CD collections into stamps (sometimes there are certain images which just work brilliantly and are more versatile as stamps) so watch out because there will be more regular releases each month starting in March!
x