Saturday, 4 February 2012

Show me the light...

Hello again! It seems I am keeping my promise to blog more in 2012!

Just a quickish post today to show you my project from this month's issue of Simply Cards & Papercraft magazine. As you may or may not know, I was asked to join the design team as a regular contributor for 2012 and after much discussion we now bring you a "hopefully interesting and useful" colouring tutorial each month. SCP is one of my favourite craft mags as I find it caters for absolutely everyone and is informative as well as bringing lots of good quality freebies and news you want to know.
So this issue I am concentrating on Directional Light within colouring and this is something I know a lot of people do struggle with. There's a really great technique in there which will get you working out your light and where it should be easy peasy stylee so if it's something you want to be better at then make sure you get a copy as it's out now.
This is my project...
I have to say I forgot all about posting this until I saw a reminder from someone about it and now I've refound the piccies I love the way the light is really soft on this image...

The image and the papers are of course from the much coveted Pretty Sweet CD (yes, yes, we will be making them into stamps as soon as we physically have the time to do so!)...this CD is sooo usable, I just reach for it time and time again, the papers really are to die for on here I think...
The flower is made from lots of hearts, creased down the centre and shaped and glued to a big blob of Pinflair glue. Some Marianne's dies of course and a little fringey fringe and that's it. The image was coloured with Flexmarkers, love the softness of it.

Right, well I'll be back Sunday with a very special post! x