Friday, 3 February 2012

Polkadoodles Challenge Wk4 - Looove!

Hi everyone! I've managed to join in the PD challenge this week - very last minute.com as usual but better late than never hey! We are giving away a £10 voucher to the winner of this challenge so get yourself over there and enter as many times as you can!  So as Valentine's is coming up the theme this week is to show some looove and hearts. Now, it's my Momma's birthday today so a big up massivo Happy Birthday Mum! I was a naughty tinker and kinda forgot to make a special card so I had a root about in my little stashbox to see if I had one that nice enough that was befitting my lovely mother. Indeed I did! Phewee! But as I was rooting about I had a great idea - I pulled out a card I'd made a few weeks back for something or other and decided to deconstruct it masterchef stylee and make it into something different. Ok, so it's not rocket science, but it meant I could make a card for today in 15 mins when I probably would have ended up not entering the challenge. So, cue card...
Now you can see this way back before Crimbo somewhere on this here blog, but to change it was not quite so easy as you think because of how certain elements are glued down originally.
First thing I did was twist it on it's side, originally the ribbon crossover was along the bottom. Next I had to pull off a load of die-cuts which didn't now work. I cut a heart from some paper and then distressed it up with some Ranger Crackle paint and grunged it a little. I took some new die-cuts from the adorable Marianne's and added them so they're twisting around the heart. I just happened to pickup a pile of printed stuff from the Pretty Sweet CD (the large gingham is from Magical Winter) and the girl was in it so I quickly cut her out and her feet are hiding a glue patch and then the bright pink dotty bit is actually some fabric which I'd made up into a ribbon length thanks to my new "Seambinder" gadget I bought off C&C for myself for Christmas (I made OH pay for it). Cut out some quick letters by hand from some scrap white paper and added a bow and a couple of  buttons and that was it! Considering it was all a recyled card I quite like it! Why not give it a go? Root out those cards that are ok but you would change things if you could - and change them! It's quite therapeutic really, I was quite smug afterwards! x