Sunday, 5 February 2012

Exciting news!

Hi everyone! I have exciting news today!
I don't get much 'me' time to craft for me these days as I'm always so busy making samples for Polkadoodles and everything else, but I am determined to make time for my own crafting this year, I'm particularly fed up of never having a card when I need one LOL! It's really important that you don't become stale with creativity and when you work with your hobby sometimes you can get in a rut, especially if you only craft with one particular type of product. Much as I love my own designs I also love loads of other designers' work too and Elisabeth Bell is truly one of my favourite designers on the planet, she just evokes my memories of childhood with her gorgeous images.Last year we started to stock the gorgeous Belles n Whistles range of Elisabeth's designs and I adore them so much but she also has her own exclusive digi range too. Anyway my news is that the girls on the Digibells team have kindly asked me to join them as a Guest Designer until April and I am sooo pleased!! I consider this a great honour as the girls on the team are such talented designers so it's extremely exciting and make sure you follow the Digibells blog, it's great for inspiration! I'd just like to wish Wendy and Rosie a big well done for making the GDT spot too, looking forward to seeing these girls work, the whole team is just fab!
So today is my first official GDT post!  So here we go...


This gorgeous image is called I Love You This Much. To me she looks like she has the wind running through her hair and is just full of joie de vivre! I coloured her with a mix of Pro and Flexmarkers and wanted to get some lovely soft blending to make her look all vintagey and shabby chic (cant you just tell I am in such a craze of this right now!). I used one of my Grand Nesties and an Ironwork nestie for the message, then finished off with Marianne's flourishes which are some of my favourites I have to say. The Papers are from Pretty Sweet (again, groan! sorry but I have a big pile to hand which just seem to suit everything I'm making right now!) 


The actual card shape is a parentheses (brackets) shaped card which I folded in half, I adore this shape right now. I added stickles for some sparkles and that's it!
So don't forget to head on over to the Elisabeth Bell digishop where you can pickup this image for a snippety snip!
bbs xx