Friday, 24 February 2012

24 Feb - Creative Genius!

It's Friday, yay! And it's my turn to host the post over at Digibells today! Have you done the blog hop yet? See below or over on the Digibells blog!
This week I picked one of my fave images "Creative Genius" from the Elisabeth Bell gallery (lets face it, they're all my faves really!).  In a fit of laziness at not being bothered to bring my pens back upstairs from the weekends shows I decided I would go back to basics instead and picked up a plain old cheapo HB pencil.
Now, the trick with doing this technique is that you really do need to pay attention to the shading but there are a few different things you can try too - I love the texture you can achieve with pencils of any kind. On this image I used a crosshatch pattern... 
The card itself will be my Mothers Day card this year I think. I decided that to really show off the image and the shading it was best surrounded by white so I got out my Marianne Design swirl dies and this GORGEOUS new Anja die which isn't shown to it's best in this photo I have to say, it's been swamped a bit by the flowers. Its one of the new Creatables and only cuts on one side so you can use it as a border or a pocket, it's so versatile, I love it!  Talking of the flowers - see on the photo how they look blue against the rest of the card? They ARE white, they're made from our Ultimate Graphic and considering that I thought the other elements and the card were all made from a brilliant white cardstock the flowers are showing a true blue white against them - it never cease to amaze me at how great this card is! 

Have a great weekend everyone! x