Wednesday, 15 February 2012

15 Feb - Digibells First Post - Click!

Oo exciting! 
Today is my first official post on the Digi Bells blog!
Woohoo, get me and checkout the post here! So much inspiration in one place, the Digibells team are just awesome!
To mark the occasion I have a card to share today and I really quite like this one.  I chose the gorgeous 'Click' image from the Elisabeth Bell digi collection. This is a new image and I think it's just fabulous! Elisabeth always really thinks about her designs and they each have a proper tale and character behind them, something I totally understand as I have to do that with my own characters too or they are lifeless drawings with no meaning.  You can get the digi stamp here and in my opinion it's worth every cent...


I love the whole way this card turned out. As soon as I saw Janiel and Lynda use this image the other week, even before I was picked to Guest for the Digibells team, I knew what I wanted to do with it. I bought this Tim Holtz camera film many many moons ago but as it's such precious stash it has remained squirried away in my speshy drawer for at least a year or so waiting for a perfect moment like this!


I coloured her with Pro and Flexmarkers, must sort out my lighting a bit, the camera seems to be washing out my images slightly so I clearly have my light wrong, I must get a new light meter. (if you don't know what this does, it's a very simple gadget that basically makes sure you always take a photo with the right setting - I haven't used one in 25 years and I keep promising myself to get one again - no more photoshopping ever!).


The strawberry paper is from Pretty Sweet (again) and the blue spotty is from Magical Winter. Tee hee, the little paper flowers were made last week whilst I was in the hairdressers! They do laugh at me, in I went armed up with sheets of paper, scissors and glue and started making flowers sat there with my hair covered in bleach and foils! I think the other customers must just think I'm some big old crazy weird lady with some kind of OCD sat there cutting paper with big orange scissors! Well, it's 3 hours of total boredom I can put to better use every 6 weeks! I might go in with supplies and make some cards they can sell for me next time, who knows! It's always so embarassing because the girls tell whatever customers are in there that I am this big shopping TV star LOL - I could literally die with shame!
Anyway, back to the card - I finished this as ever, with gorgeous Marianne Design swirlie wirlies. The sentiment is one of the stamps from our first issue of Pen & Paper Circle - if you missed out on it then hard cheddar, it was an exclusive but man o man have I used it loads lately! The next issue of PPC is on saleNOW so make sure you catch it quick!

Make sure you check into the Digi Bells blog on 17th Feb because we have a big Blog Hop, woohooo!! See you there!! xx