Sunday, 12 February 2012

12 Feb - Digibells Little Best Friends

Hello everyone! Time for another lovely Elisabeth Bell creation today! I decided to go all summery to try and snap us all out of the wintery weather and I've been dying to colour these cuties who are called Little Best Friends in for ages.  This image is available from Elisabeth Bells digi shop - adorable aren't they! I'm sure I had a red bucket like that and that is so me and my little best friend Bella, we were inseparable until we were 16! I got so carried away colouring this one that I ended up doing the seaside to match.
I made this last weekend and had the post all scheduled in advance (get me, so organised!) and then this morning I woke up at 6am with seashells and starfish in my head! This happens to me quite often and once the thought was there and I was visualising how much better it would look, I couldnt fall asleep again! So much for a Saturday lie-in!  The little starfish were just cut from some scrap paper and coloured with a ginger and spice promarker. I added a few little white highlights with a white pen then went back over with ginger once it was dry - this takes the edge of the harsh white but still leaves a slight highlight, I do this little trick a lot, but make sure you let it dry! Then I made a little pearl in a shell, again with scrap paper and coloured with pastel beige. Cute huh, it really did finish the card off.
I kinda wish I'd chosen a different colour to the peach as it looks a bit too dirty for my liking but it was a little late once I'd glued it all down! Make sure you head on over to the Digibells blog - we have posts almost daily over there with loads of inspiration galore for you all. We also have some exciting news about our upcoming Blog Hop soon so make sure you check it out! Don't forget you can also buy Elisabeth Bell's clear stamps from Belles n Whistles or if you're in the UK, you can buy almost all the Belles n Whistles range from Polkadoodles if you want it a little faster. I'm so pleased we're working with Summer over at Belles n Whistles now, she's soo lovely!