Friday, 16 December 2011

Polkadoodles Challenge - Through the Window

Well, it's the last Polkadoodles challenge of the year so I had to try and join in - 10 minutes before we publish! I came across this project yesterday which I thought I'd forgotten to photograph and it fits perfectly.
 A frame can be the same as a window to me, right?! I made this a while back for Craft Stamper magazine and it was actually a class project of mine which we did as well...I love this, it's just a bit different to the norm.
 Take 12 pieces of paper all the same size and roll them up and glue them to make a frame. It's a bit fiddly and takes a little time but well worth it I think. Once they're all glued down they become very stable and if you use 120gsm like I did then it's actually quite heavy and strong. I used a mixture of papers here, kraft and from the Double Sprinkles of Kraft collection.
 I then stamped some houses from our Be Neighbours range of stamps and used masking techniques to create the perspective and overlay the circle for the sentiment - yes, that's part of the stamping too. Then I cut a circle sentiment from the CD and added it to the circle. Look at the depth and dimension you get to this side on...obviously it needs a box but it's well worth the effort for someone special.
I reckon if you were selling these at fairs you'd easily be able to charge about £7-8 each with the embellies etc too.
Right, that's it for today, I will be back in the next few days! x