Tuesday, 15 November 2011

Ta-da!

Wowser where do I start? The last month has been manic! I have an absolute stack of lovely cards to share with you all that I made this week with the fabulous Belles n Whistles stamp range which we now stock online. I totally <3 this range of images from Elisabeth Bell and I was eager beaver to stock it as it's quite hard to get hold of here in the UK. So now we have it and I'm committed to keeping as much of the range as we can, getting it shipped all the way from the good ol' US of A as the new realeases happen. Talking of which we have just taken delivery this week of Elisabeth's new Christmas range, together with some of the favourites from last year, all adorable. I've gotten to know Elisabeth over the past couple of months by email and she is a total sweetheart, although she is far too beaut for her own good, I didn't know Australian's could be so good looking!
So anyway, trying not to make this too much of a mammoth post by droning on like I usually do. I found some lost piccies of my Craft Stamper projects which I made months and months ago to go with the freebie stamp I designed for the cover issue (better late than never). I was sent some gorge papers to use and for the life of me I can't remember what they were now but I was in love with them.  The little flower was the free stamp, from what I heard it seemed to be a really popular image...
Really simple to do, I just masked the image and stamped in a line straight onto the paper, then used glossy accents onto the actual flower head for some dimension...

This next card I totally adore, I must admit. I took an 8x8 card blank, cut it in half down the spine and then folded it in half again. I love this shape and it's one I'm using loads at the moment, I think it's really striking.
I folded different widths of paper over and tucked them under the stamped image to make loops. A bit of lace, paper twine, a felt button and a button made with my Epiphany button makes and some pins and bobs your uncle for this one, simples really but I think it's rather beaut...

This next one was rather complicated really. Or rather I made really hard work of it, you know when you just wish you'd never started, mainly because I cut all the paper down without measuring and then it didnt fit properly LOL!...

First I stamped a row of flowers and coloured them then cut them out in a long strip. These sit inside the frame at the back, with a sentiment stamp behind it.  I made lots of frames using strips of paper, making them fit one inside the other, tearing all the edges for some interest. I then made 2 concertina ends for the sides to make a sort of *tunnel* card, but with my take on it. I didn't like the top being uncovered so I made a roof type thing for it with the bits I had left. Finally I made some bunting and made it all criss cross to add a sense of depth and dimension. This really didn't photograph well, it's been skelling around on my desk for a month or so getting squished so it all looks out of kilter now LOL. It's not really a card, it's more a *thing* to sit on the mantelpiece LOL!
So that's it for today, I'm going to be posting all my other cards over the next 2 weeks! I think I have 15 to share so that's 15 days worth LOL!
ttfn! x