Monday, 21 November 2011

Kitch Fail

I always considered myself a pretty decent cook but just lately I seem to be more Cant Cook Wont Cook than I have ever been in my life! I've had a string of kitch disasters lately, including sticky chicken which was so sticky it ruined by un-ruinable v expensive Woll pan and literally stuck our teef together so bad we couldnt eat it and ended up rolling about laughing at each other's sudden pearly whites turning into a shade of bonfire toffee brown! This was just one of the recent escapades until just tonight when I opened a lemon meringue pie to remember I'd dropped it as I put it in the fridge.
This is how it went in the oven, still in the dish and how it came out of the box , and how it came out again LOL - simply classic! Tastes yum, looks like shit!! 
It actually looks like something my OH would make. He is not a cook, in fact today I discovered he's never even "opened" an egg before. "Opened". Do I have to say any more? This is the man who told me he used to boil eggs in his kettle when he first left home, then wondered why they exploded and the kettle broke. Seriously. This is the man who, when I was seriously ill with bad gastroentiritis and laryngitis at same time came back from the shop with food (having been sent) armed with a chicken & mushroom pot noodle, 2 raspberry yoghurts and hobnobs. None of which I like when I am well, let alone when i'm sick and haven't eaten for 4 days. I rest my case.
Anyway, I could go on but I won't, I don't want to shock you any further!
I've been prepping for my Create and Craft shows on Wednesday today, after making so many projects this week I'm flagging a bit I must admit. I managed to finish my magazine projects yesterday but forgot I had all the step by step bits to do and it's like making part of the proj 4 times over again - twice! AND trying to get all the colouring exactly the same each time! I tell you, those who wish they could do magazine commissions sometimes have no idea how much work is involved!  But I've just made a lush project for Wednesday which I love, I think it will turn out pretty cute so long as I don't cock it all up when I glue it together like I usually do.
Anyway, onto today's little offering for Belles n Whistles using a stamp called Teatime. This is a relatively simple card using papers from Pretty Sweet CD (again - sorry but I heart these papers, the colour palette is one of my fave ever, especially that strawberry pink on the polka dot, swoon!) Again, I let the stamp do the work here and I've reverted back to my retro days of when I first started cardmaking lately doing the matting at jaunty angles look. I used to do this all the time and I loved it then and still love it now to be honest. I've just embellished this one with a die cut, ribbon flower from the website and some Viva Decor glass 3D paint. This image was coloured with a combo of Flexmarkers and Prisma's.
I've also decided to offer some more Blog Candy - if this post gets more than 20 comments I will choose one random person to receive a really cute special edition exclusive stamp.  This stamp was produced ONLY for my Class project yesterday and is an Amelia image from the Pretty Sweet collection but she has been specially drawn as an angel with wings specially for this project class and is limited to only 8 stamps in the whole entire world! She is waiting for Santa and leaving his mince pie for him on his travels...
I really had a lovely time at yesterday's class, there's always something lovely about the last one of the year and it was made especially nice with 5 new people all who'd travelled a fair old distance to join us (namely, Felixstowe, Chester and Durham!). I tried to make the project a special one so the people who'd travelled far wouldn't be disappointed and they all loved it as much as I did I think...
This is a lovely box card - the box being inside and 1.5" deep x 7x7". I think I must've seen this somewhere else as I woke up with it in my head and knew exactly what I was going to do with it, I am in love with these huge poinsettia flowers at the mo, I think they're really stunning. They're just plain old flowers on stems but once they're cut down they're perfect for putting on Christmas projects I think. I wanted it to be half in and half out of the aperture, which was of course cut with my favourite Nestie grand oval die.





We embellished the box with Marianne's die cuts again and some holly which we coloured with Promarkers. The Angel is the one which is up for today's blog candy - isn't she cute! 

So make sure you leave a comment under this post to be in with a chance of winning her and don't forget there is blog candy up for grabs on yesterday's post too! x