Monday, 28 November 2011

Day 12

I am SO tired my eyelids are going doing this post - and it's only 7pm! Had the usual long busy and tiring day at Create and Craft but oh my, I do love it! It's the only opportunity you really get to catch up with fellow professionals in the green room and the only chance I ever get to see Nancy Watt. Now let me tell you...I love this woman. She absolutely cracks me up, she's so laid back she's horizontal, a position she's very familiar with in her usual gin-fuelled state LOL. She's such a sweetheart and although I don't know her that well I do know I would still count her as a friend cos she's so lovely. So it was a stayover last night in the hotel from hell...well not quite, but it was certainly a bit Fawlty Towers to say the least and it was the first time and last that I will be staying at Ramada Peterborough! No wonder it was cheap! So it was up at 5am today - half an hour early! The bed was SO uncomfortable I couldnt wait to get up, so I jumped out of bed and was ready super-early for a change. 
I know lots of you watched the 9am show because we sold out of the Letraset metallic markers in 15 minutes - woohooo!! I know you're all going to love them and try the little spellbinders trickypoo I showed you, I am addicted to that!
So, onto Day 12 of my Belles n Whistles showcase and I've saved my favourite cards till last, natch...
Here is the very lovely Wishing Well, which I just adoooore!!....
This one I've coloured with my Prisma's. I do love trying all the different colouring mediums I must admit, I'm a colouring magpie I think but you really do get what you pay for when you buy pens, paints and markers and from bitter experiences I never buy cheap as you will almost always regret it...you have to look on pens as an investment in your toolkit and if you buy right they will last you a long time...
So again, yawn yawn, Pretty Sweet papers and the scallop die is a Marianne's I think, distressed and the little scallopy bits have a translucenty glitter on them. Again, ribbon roses and that lush velvet lace from the website. I love the colours on this card, it's so pretty and delicate even with the heavy distressing. Hope you like it! x