Friday, 18 November 2011

Alpaca's, bags, halloween and Birdhouses...


What a productive couple of days I've had! Woohoo! Nothing better than feeling like you've achieved something I think. Polkadoodles has some exciting things in the pipeline for the New Year and I can't wait to share them but for the moment I have to keep it under my bobble hat. Actually that should be my Button hat. This one. 

Adorable isn't it? A proper big wooden button that is humungous! The eagle eyed who were at NEC may have seen this beaut there and after 4 whole days of walking past said loveliness it had to be mine. It's made from Alpaca and is sooo soft. However I did nearly keel over when I had to part with my hard-earned moolah, those furry goat-deer-thingies must live on champagne and oysters the price they're charging! It seems I foiled a lovely secret gesture by the OH tho - as he'd already been and  bought me this bag about an hour before:
And he wasn't impressed that he bought brown and I bought grey! Only there was confusion as to what I bought and he got kerfuddled and went and swapped it for the wrong colour. Bless him! I was quite mortified acsh as I had already decided not to part with too much cash for the bag hence making do with the hat! He didn't tell me till we got home from NEC on the Sunday night, he's such a sweetheart really. I don't know why he didnt keep it for crimbo really, I think he just can't keep the secret long enough LOL!
Anyway, enough of bag and hat swoonage.
So I'm behind posting, as always. And it was halloween a few weeks ago which I adore!! Even though I was stacked I had to participate and made dairy free treats for Elfie Tracie's kiddywinks to enjoy...bless them they turned up full costume...
Little Jake had a particularly creepy face mask which freaked us all out A LOT! The dairy free treats are at the top and were rather nice I thought, they didnt last long, and the full on calorific full of crap packet mix worst cupcakes in the world ever are below. Thank goodness it was dark when I handed them out!








Each year we seem to get more trick or treaters and I think we're starting to get a rep for the pumpkin carving altho I was in a bit of a ruch this time and I didn't think they were a patch on last years...
We did have 3 but the other pics didn't come out great. I like the little hangman on this one tee hee...











Kuretake also had a Create and Craft show Halloween week and this picture is from one of the samples I made for the show, using Kurecolors, which are an alcohol based marker with really lush, rich pigments perfect for a strong scene like this one.
This is our Neighbours range of stamps again (of course, what else!) and I've freehand done the bats and cobwebs. Bit out of my normal colour realm this one but it fits the occasion, isn't that sky cool? Sadly I forgot to take a pic of the main card sample but it was fairly simples anyway as the pic did the talking.

So, onto the Card of the Day in my mini marathon.
As you know I am mad on Belles n Whistles and day 2 is this gorgeous stunner of a stamp...
 This is called Birdhouse Friends and is one of my favourites I must confess, you know me, hate
birds in real life but can't resist a birdhouse on a craft project! The card shape is created from Spellbinders Grand Nestabilities scallop dies - this die set is my fave of all time I think. I never quite "got" why you would want such a huge die but since I got my Calibur I totally get it now! Shaped cards for sure and this one is beyond versatile! I so hope they bring out more of these by Donna Salazar, they're awesome!
All I did was cut out the big scallop and fold it in half, cover with the polka dot paper which is from Pretty Sweet. I then took some of our gingham ruffle ribbon and glued it round the edge. In hindsight I wish I hadn't but hey, we all make mistakes! The rest is simples, bit of glitz and that was it really. I coloured this image with my Flexmarkers and prisma's but mainly the new Flex colours...
Those cute little flowers are one of our new lines on the website and are cheaper than chips so make sure you check them out, they're flying out the door right now.
See you tomorrow! xx