Tuesday, 20 September 2011

Pretty Sweet...

So I am in love with our latest CD of scrummy cuteness. For ages I've wanted to make a really pretty, unashamedly girlie collection and one night a few weeks ago I was totally inspired. I have to say ALL 12 of these lovely characters were penned in one single evening, in about 4 hours! Rather like those muso's that manage to write a whole album in a week!  I finished about 1am, trundled off to bed and the next morning awoke and skipped off to my 45minute checkup at the hospital. The rest, as they say, goes down in history as the worst 45min appt ever - it lasted 6 whole days!  So whilst incarcerated I kept on working (not much can keep me down LOL) and designed all the backing papers to co-ordinate, which was most amusing - should've got the OH to take a pic of me trapped in my corner of the ward with iphone, netbook, macbook, graphics tablet and drawing pads all around me squirrying away lol! After the first day of me setting up my desk the Docs and Nurses just shook their heads at me. I like to think it was in admiration but I suspect it was more despair :D
Well that's what happens if I get locked up and feel as fit as a butcher's dog!!  Anyway, I'm so glad I did because it meant that it kept me from climbing the walls some days and also meant that we were able to launch this beaut mini collection at Harrogate GNPE last week, where you all loved it.  So here are some of the samples I managed to make for the show (in about 4 hrs I kid you not)...deadlines schmedlines and all that...
(oo before I forget - at GNPE we did a show special on Pretty Sweet - however this week I decided that I needed to give you more sentiment sheets for the CD so if you want to grab these then you can get it as a titchy download here to just give you a few more options - if your CD already has 5 sheets of sentiments please do not buy the download, you don't need it).

You can't really see it here but the roses are coloured with the fabulous Kuretake Zig Wink of Stella pens - if you haven't tried these yet they are delicious!! Not at all like Sakura glitter pens, these have a fibre tip and the glitter is really intense but as it's not suspended in a gel you actually get a more vivid truer colour. I love glitter but not all over everything and these give more of a glittery shimmer which is really beautiful, rather than a full on bling it up child-like glitter if that makes sense. They're stunning, and the clear really is absolutely transparent, again I find the Sakura glitter still shows the gel beneath it whereas WOS don't present that problem at all and they last for ages. (and yes, waterbased so you can watercolour with them too, BUT make sure you store horizontally!).
You can see the sparkle a little more on the t-shirt on this image - that clear does not change the colour beneath it whatsoever...All of these images were coloured with Flexmarkers, with Promarkers for the hair...
I adore how it's so easy to get those peachy sweet skintones now with the Flexmarker brush...


and then finally, we couldn't do a consumer show without these beauties, although you did all go rather mental for the hair techniques at this show which was a surprise to me...
I decided to colour this one in a slightly more traditional way to how I'd normally do these scenes but I must say I absolutely adore the colours on this scene...
The photography on some of these isn't the best but you'll be able to see this sample in real-life on Kuretake's Create and Craft shows on Sunday 25th September.  If you don't know much about Kuretake products - where on earth have you been?? You seriously need to check out the whole range, and if you love your alcohol based markers then watch this space for some reviews on the Kurecolor range coming up soon and lots of Kuretake news and snippets.