Tuesday, 1 March 2011

Quick catchy uppy!

Where do I start? Been too long since I last posted I know I know, please don't hate! >: (
Promise I will try harder, honestly!
It's been the usual crazy world of Pokeydoodahs as some of my loveliest Tweety friends call it, culminating in a major road trip this week and I can't actually believe I'm writing this as my eyes are currently atop stalks which protude 12" from their sockets as I type! Literally!
Way back when, sometime last year I booked a workshop day with the lovely peeps at Paper Artsy and no other than King Tim of Holtzville. I have SO been looking forward to it for months and months and it seemed a million miles away until the last month and then all of a sudden it was here. And I was totally looking forward to the break! Or, so I thought. I kinda forgot the workshop I'd promised to perform in Milton Keynes the day after and the 3 Create & Craft shows over 3 days on top! So I left home Thursday lunchtime all packed up and kitted out and the car full of stuff for demo's and shows, complete with several pairs of spare nickers to account for unhappy accidents (hell, you never KNOW do ya!! and those She-wee things strike the fear of god into me, the look of 'em is enough to make me run to the nearest slash harry palace 2p in hand!!) and a pair of scissors and headed down the M1 to Newport Pagnell to meet up with some fellow tweeters, the lovely Dee and Janet and her friend Bethan. Of course, you know how things kinda happen to me, well it was not without it's little series of humorous events, mainly involving showers and ants and half a bottle of nail varnish catapulting in an extraordinarily creative fashion across a stripey carpet. I tell you, Mark Rothko has nothing, and I mean NOTHING on me.  And mucho scrubbing ensued with half a bottle of acetone remover (thanks for that Dee!) and me nearly wetting myself laughing cos we had such a sweat on - hot flushes and scrubbing carpets do not mix well! We then wiped our sweaty brows and met up with two lovely gals called Siobhan and Jackie whilst getting wrecked on diet cokes in the bar (wahey, we know how to LIVE!) and all had dinner together in the hotel.  Janet and I nearly wet ourselves again when I prodded half a teeniest baby tomato with my fork and it exploded like a neutron bomb all over her dinner. It was even funnier an hour later when she took a drink of coke and got a mouthful of tomato pips. More pant wettage on our part, so childish, but hey. But I wasn't the only one who was doomed, a poor lady who sat on our table was nicely covered in soup by the waiter and I found out earlier this evening that someone else who was in the same restaurant at the same time (spooky) also had her dinner dropped on her by a waiter, presumably the self-same muppet. Wonder if he was called Manuel? Must confess at the risk of being called a spain-o-phile I dont know how I held back my tourette-stylee urges to keep clicking my fingers at him and call Manuel, Manuel you idiot! But as I was in company I didnt, and managed to stay on my best behaviour for at least an hour or two without showing myself up.
Anyways, onto the important stuff. I must've been really excited cos I was wide awake at 5am like a complete saddo - except I think the entire event delegates were also all awake at the same time I found out afterwards - if only we'd known we could have had a craftathon! Anyway we packed ourselves off excitedly to the "Timmy" room and oh my...we weren't disappointed!!...

King Tim is just, just... awesome. Very funny and endearing, I love him even more now for sure.  He taught us a one-off project using lots of his new stuff and I was amazed at just HOW MUCH we got as part of the project! What I loved was we decorated it basic grunge stylee but then it was entirely up to us what we did with it and there were some brilliant ideas!...here's mine...I am enthralled by all the little ephemera and I can't stop looking at it!...We started off with his brand new shadow-boxes (A4ish in size) and a couple of these fell into my hands at the shop I must confess...
I tried to be uber-cool but had a secret swoon when he said he loved the skirt I made for the spooky doll (ripped up dictionary paper which I concertina'd and glued with tissue tape) - but then when he came back and took a photo I very nearly wee'd myself with total delight (thank god for Tena, I reckon there was a lot of usage in that room that day!)....I made the little books last night at home just to add the final finishes - basically just grungeboard pieces covered with offcuts of papers I had left but I j'adore!...have to say this pic doesn't do the skirt justice at all, it's all ripped and distressed and rather couture-looking...












...and then as if that wasn't great enough I had to make do and mend with the tiny little battery light because I lost a transparency amongst all my sh.. I mean mess and ended up making my own little *lumiere* (his word, not mine, swoooon again!) ...glued some mesh around the tealight and then used glossy accents to stick tissue paper around the mesh and hung this fabby little coathanger on top which was holding some paper, sandpaper and transparencies...





















and some close ups of the rest...









the letters are made up of grungeboard and distressed and inked/painted - must admit I ADORE this *A*, I hung it in front of the corner piece so there are still little things hidden behind...

























Tim (my new bezzie - yeah right, like he even knows who I am) wanted to know what I'd put in the birdcage but I had just rolled up a ticket and tied it with string but in fact all along I had this little plan in my head but didnt have the time on the day...basically I made a little eensy weency "book of Tim" and there is a tiny message inside which I won't reveal...(no, sorry it's not a love note!)...













love this flower with the clock centre, had to replenish my supplies of cogs and clocks in the shop, I'm sure the OH keep stealing them from me...




and here's the man himself - well almost, I did take a pic but it was so blurry I can't post it here...of course I managed to speak to his holiness for a few secondo's and begged him to sign my project which he kindly did...

Only one phrase will suffice...OH. EMMMM. GEEEEE.  awesome awesome couple of days.

And then from there it was into Milton Keynes to Jays Crafts for a fab demo day - got to meet some lovely ladies there and was well chuffed that Dee, Janet and Bethan joined me for a bit of support, then the lovely Tracie from my DT and Cazz also came along too - all us girls all together, it was totally fab!! So after a tiring but great day (man, you guys sure do love your Promarkers for sure, my pens have almost run out in protest after Saturday!!) I then had to hot-foot or spin the wheels back up to Peterborough for my TV show on Sunday morning. A quick one hour show and then it was back home for one night and then back down again Monday night for 2 more shows today!
And here you all are thinking the life of someone who does TV is so so glamorous....omg if only u knew!
So I am now nicely ensconced at home again in my little hermit room, legs left on the A1 somewhere, all I have left is withered stumps I think. And tomorrow it's back to work again with a vengeance getting ready for more shows next week then Harrogate, my head is in a total spin.
Not surprisingly I dreamed of King Tim last night. We were using Cuttlebug embossing folders for some reason, like you do !!!
Right and so to bed for some shuteye so I may be able to function tomorrow, bet I'm awake at the crack of doom again, been up before 6 every day this week so far so I just know i'm in the zone now!  ttfn  - can you wipe the Timmy drool off my screen please now! xxx