Friday, 14 January 2011

pheweee what a week, what a week!

Cor blimey Guv'nor, it's manic round these here parts lately! I decided to give myself an overhaul, here I am, a blummin designer and there I was with someone else's blog clothing on!! Hope you like the new look.

I just don't know where the days, week's, hell month's go to, do you think ageing speeds up disproportionately as we get older? Well I think it does anyway. And that quizzy thing I took about 7 years ago says I'm a borderline genius so that means I must always be right. Right! ; D


Week 2 Sketch
This week it's my turn to host the challenge over on the Polka Doodles blog and I set a theme of Red, White and Blue with a little sketcheroo to follow. My lovely friend En is on the PD team and I've known her for a long time now in the crafting world, she travels back and forth between the UK and US lucky girl, so this theme was really inspired by her.  She is a super-talented lady and extremely well known in craft circles and has just achieved a massive 500,000 blog hits so we decided to celebrate it with her.  If you check in here or on En's blog on Monday there will be news of a totally smashing blog hop which she is hosting - LOADS of candy on offer, goodies galore!!


....Here is the sketch we have to follow.

I set the challenge to the girls weeks ago but I only got round to making my own effort today, not unfraught I have to say. Firstly, I had so many windows open on my mac and pc that I couldnt even run a CD so I decided to design something specially instead (yes u wldnt believe it would you!!), and then because I realised the OH had my box of basics stash in the back of the car with him, so I only had a pair of nail scissors to my name! 

You can get the freebie kit download here, there are 3 papers and a white and spotty version of the words which I've used in this card...

I managed to find my We R Memory Keepers rotary trimmer which I havent had long and havent used much but I do like it - nice and quick to slide the blades off and I've removed one end so I don't have to faff about with the locks, you really don't need it on there at all.
So I cut the red spotty paper with a scallop blade, then used a reel of sellotape to tear the stripey paper round and it ended up an oval! This was due to the idleness of not being bothered to move my lardass out of the chair to get nesties or anything else LOL!
I cut a strip of the harlequin with the nail scissors following the pattern to try and get some semblance of straight with a weeny pair of scissors and then the ribbon arrived. THE RIBBON ARRIVED. I've managed to source this most orgasmo ribbon which, quite honestly, could have been made by Polka Doodles. It's so up our street it lives here now. This particular one is the Stars and Stripes Liberty pattern which I got just for our lovely US customers! So I had to use it on this card of course!! This ribbon is heavily embroidered so it's totally gorge, no crapola prints or any of that cheapo rubbish here thankyou very much.  So I tied a little bit round the cupcake (from Sundae of Seasons CD). I then cut out the Happy word and stamped "Happy Everything" repeatedly up the right hand side (stamps from the Sensational Sentiments stamp set) and added the Scallop from Martha Stewart punch behind the text. I found the buttons in my button box.

...So my NY resolution of blogging more often has already been brocked but who cares, life's too short to get your nickers in a pickle over such fancies. The only fancies my nickers get in a twist over is Mr Kipling's French Fancies and I havent had one of those for about 2 years having eaten so many I can face them no longer.  So, I digress, as usual. As always we have loads going on here and we're about at 100% full throttle I can tell you, keeping Create & Craft viewers happy, keeping our own customers happy, shipping orders, shipping to retailers (if you want your local retailer to stock PD products then get nagging them!) and all the rest of it. New products, shows coming up, designing designing designing blah blah blahhh zzzz.

Last week I launched our brand new CD on Create & Craft, Paper Boutique 3, Projects Galore. My oh my was it busy and we had 2 shows on the same day which will happen more often now I think, as the channel is now live till 5pm every day. I do have it on good authoritahhh that they are desperately trying to sort out the old Freeview issue but the good news is you can watch all the shows on Catchup TV now, which is online. Hurrahh!  If you want to see what's occurring with the new CD you can check it out here.
Yet again, we are virtually out of stock of our lovely Neighbour Stamp range, think there may be a couple of sets left somewhere but new stock is due in again in the next week or so. These stamps have been mental, we've had to restock them 4 times now and we only launched in December, cwazy cwazy! I have promised to do a colouring tutorial with these as I have Promarkers to give away but I just haven't had the time so as soon as I get a spare afternoon I WILL do it I promiso!

This week is a busy one just trying to catch up with everything, finally on Saturday I will be going to my mum's to exchange the Christmas presents...yes, I DID say Christmas presents!! She only lives 40 miles away but as we had a proper working Crimbo this year and with all the snow we just didnt get to see my family and I'm miffed really as it kinda spoiled crimbo for me if I'm honest. Not that we really noticed, nose to grindstone and all that...I did stop to tweet at midnight on New Years but that was about it other than Christmas dinner. I keep looking at this huge pile of pressies and thinking some of them are just plain stupid now, loads of booze and choccies are fitting for the festivities but now it's all over it all seems a bit out of place! Still, it's my birthday next week so no doubt we will roll it all into one on Saturday and it will be nice to see everyone.

Right, enough waffling from me, I have loads of lush ribbons to load on the website and other "stuff" to get on with! Remember to check out the blog hop on Monday!! 9am!!
ttfn!
xx