Wednesday, 17 November 2010

Lovely day...

I had loads of "stuff" to do today - stuff which meant actually *leaving* the house, wahey!!

Anyone who knows me well knows I am stuck here most of the time and being a lazy mofo I dont go out much. I actually pretend it's cos I'm such a workaholic but it's not really,it's cos I cant be bothered to do my hair. My hair is the bane of my life. It was great in the 80's and 90's when I sported a curly bob aka Madonna and Cybil Shepherd without trying. People actually used to come up to me and ask where i got it done, fawning over the loveliness of my curls and ringlets. And roots. Serious. It used to make me blush it was so embarassing. But then I met the OH and he hates my curlytop and being blessed with curls is not something I ever relished myself. I didnt eat crusts until I was 18 cos my grandad always said crusts make your hair go curly and I didnt want any more.  All my life I've been trying to straighten these locks and the longer it gets the bloody curlier it gets! Yes, my hair is freakish. But today I GHD'd within an inch of my life (it takes me about 30mins to do my shoulder length locks, can you believe that grrr). I'm not a pamper puss me, as you can probably tell.
Anyway, I had to go to the opticians to pickup my new gegs. They're not much different to the old ones it has to be said but I do like 'ems...narrower sides and anivory colour on the inside, as opposed to my lovely Prada's...
these are 4 years old now (bad bad girl I am) and it was nice to see they were still in the shop and were the most expensivo ones they had (nice as in it made me feel better that I hadnt wasted my money 4 yrs ago!)! The newies are DKNY and were mucho cheaper. I dont go in for labels or designer, I just pick what I like but 4 yrs ago was prob the only time I will ever be able to afford anything Prada ever!! So I'm hanging onto 'em and if I win the lottery I might get the lenses updated. Yes, I could've done that instead of newies but it was almost as much to do that as getting new ones and I fancied a change.

Anyway, so after impaling my leg on the dumbass tailbar on the back of the car which I always forget is there, I headed off to the office to sort some stuff out, namely samples and a few bits and pieces to send off.
And I rooted this little cache of stash out...

hmm...what is this you might ask?? This is a sneak peek of something you could win...
...starting this Friday over on the Polka Doodles challenge blog we are hosting our first ever Blog Hop

You need to check in on the Polka Doodles challenge blog on Friday to find out what you need to do and what you could win - but basically you can win over £400 worth of goodies! Whooooop whooooop!!
As this is our first Hop we're going to town - no miserable little free digi image here from us - over £400 worth of stash and 13 different chances of winning!! It's going to be FABULOUS dahlings!!

Anyway, on with the day...I got back home after sorting all my errands out to find a pile of post...and at the bottom of the pile was a card envelope...
with the sweetest little wax seal on the back which said *hugs*....

so I was wondering who it was from...I've been getting loads of samples from the Design Team through the post this week as we have some new products about to launch...
...so I opened the envelope (sadly broke the seal which I was mad about)...and inside was this...
a lovely pink and girly card from Josie using one of my Fairy Stamps.
...Just Because...
she wanted to make me a card to tell me how much she loved the stamps and felt inspired.
....Bless! And that made my day SO special, right there, in that little moment when I opened it up and read what she'd put. Thankyou so much Josie, it was such a sweet sweet thought and I love it. 
I love how sometimes you can do the smallest little thing and it can affect someone else's life in a huge way. And you did that today, Josie, you made me feel all warm and fluffy inside, bless your kindness 
for taking the time out of your own day to make me such a lovely card.  I didnt think I knew Josie but it turns out I know her from Twitter which made it even nicer to know who it had come from!!

And now she's inspired me to do the same - I never make enough cards for me any more and now I'm determined to make more of an effort. I actually designed this stamp ages ago just for this very purpose...
and it's one of my all time favourite sentiments. I will use it over the next week. A lot!

Right, I've rambled enough for one day! See you back here Friday for the blog hop! (forgot to say watch out for a special offer connected to the hop too, it just gets better and better!!)

xx