Thursday, 4 November 2010

It's been such a long time...

I'm such a shirker. A blog shirker I mean. I think my wordpress blog was so uninspiring I just forgot all about it for some reason, so I've decided to migrate back to Blogger and have done with it. And I ain't moving again, I was here originally but got fed up with the ol' picture formatting so much, I deserted like a rat from a stinking ship.
Hey ho.
So last time I did blog was July, so maybe I should keep quiet on that score ay and just start afresh with renewed wotsit...er vigour is it called? WhatevA. So here I am, back to bore you again.

Things are hectic as ever at Doodle Hovels, I mean Towers. Having no life beyond Polka Doodles and my craft space makes Nixster a very dull girl indeedy - in fact, I am slowly morphing into a cybergirl. I anticipate that in 2011 my digits will just become an extension of the keyboard with 123 allocated to my middle finger left hand and Enter on the left-click of my Right Thumb. So I will be able to type from wherever I may be. Oh yeah, that would be HERE then, doh.
So as I droned, lots going on here at the moment and lots of very exciting things in the pipeline, I think 2011 will be very kewl at PD and I can't wait.  This seems to have been the longest Crimbo in history ever, having launched our first crimbo CD way back in June and I seem to be unable to extract myself from it ever since! Still, I did used to have a job where we would already have done the packaging for 2011 Easter Eggs and be working on Christmas Selection Boxes for 2012 right now so I should be used to it! So as this is a first blog post I'm going to keep it fairly short and sweet...
1. Make sure you checkout the Polka Doodles blog - we have a great challenge every Friday and you can win some stuff.
2. We have a Polka Doodles blog hop coming up soon so stay tuned for that! Even I, yes, I, have said I will join in (so long as I dont forget).
3. Next Create & Craft show is 26th November at the very rude time of 8am. May God help me get up at 4.30am.
4. You can follow me on Twitter (NikkyHall1) and Facebook if you are a complete glutton for punishment.
5. Here's some of the things I've made since July!...

A little bit of Halloween (dont ya just LOVE it!-except the prats that nicked my pumpkins!)
...I just LOVE this card - using a tiny part of the elements from Sundae of Seasons... 
...and I adore this really cute little pocketcard made from kraft paper and the gorgeous butterflies from SOS...

...and finally this, I think these butterflies are my favest ever ever ever...
I have done loads more than this, but since I hit 40 I seem to have gained an inability to file, remember or process anything that I decide to keep for a later date...I'm hoping in 60 years time they will all be found in cyberspace, floating around like Anne Frank's diaries for the world to open up and wonder "WTH was going on in this weirdo's mind".  I am rapidly becoming one of those "grumpy old women" on that programme on TV which I laugh at whilst nodding my head in agreement...incapable of keeping up with technology any more and losing the use of my arms and legs when it comes to any kind of housework or hard labour. Hence anything on my iphone can only be retrieved through the mac as I am unable to fathom how to access it any other way. Oh well. Shucks.
Right, I've droned long enough, enough already, i'm goneski. I WILL be back sooner than you think!